Ballet Class Excursion - St. Petersburg?

amberwc

Is there a private company that offers a ballet Master Class experience similar to https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/st-petersburg-russia-exclusive-ballet-master-class-onboard/

I can't imagine a better experience for my daughter next summer.

As far as I know (and I have also checked with my Russian friends), there is no private offering like this in St. Petersburg - if you wish your daughter to have such an experience, it looks like booking with Disney is your only option.

As far as I know (and I have also checked with my Russian friends), there is no private offering like this in St. Petersburg - if you wish your daughter to have such an experience, it looks like booking with Disney is your only option.

Alas, we are not sailing with Disney. I was just digging there because I figured that would be good insight on the kinds of things that are best for kids/family.

Thanks for checking.

We were on a Baltic DCL cruise, and really eyed that class for my dd as well. We actually decided against it. It was in the middle of the day and would have completely eliminated half of our day for seeing SPB. I think she got more out of a private family tour of SPB than a 90 min ballet class, as much as she loves to dance.

So, don't feel bad about not finding one. ;) Go enjoy SPB.

We actually got our ballet fix by seeing the Paris Opera Ballet's debut performance of Copellia at the Copenhagen opera house the night before the cruise. It was awesome.

As for things kids like, if you like cats, check out the Cat Museum in SPB. It's basically a chance to go love on some cats for awhile.

You can try the private companies but I highly doubt that there will be any master class offerings like the Disney class. Think you might have better luck reaching out to a dance studio in the city but I honestly don't think any such class is offered in the city - the classes are weekly, etc. and are not geared for tourists.

I would start by reaching out to the Vaganova academy of Russian Ballet - see what they have to say.

Do let us know if you have any measure of success.