Bottomless Brunch

We did this on our last RCL cruise which was on the Independence. It has maybe changed since we sailed, but here is how it went for us.....Enough people signed up to fill around 10-12 eight person tables. They broke us into groups of around two to three tables of eight at a time and each group first got to get a kitchen tour. They explained where things were cooked, where the waiters picked up food, how they handle special requests, where they wash the dishes etc. I found it quite interesting. During the tour they have set up food all throughout the kitchen, but you are not allowed to grab any yet. People took a lot of pictures as I remember. They really put a very impressive selection items and they broken into sections. Fruit/veggies/salad in one section. Seafood items in another. Bread/pastry was another. Then finally a row of side dishes and then entree type items. They also had 2-3 higher end items that you had to specifically request from a chef. One was beef Wellington, but I cannot recall the other selections. I think maybe one of the other dishes you had to request was something Italian (lasagna perhaps?), but I just dont recall. Overall I found it informative and the meal is very good. It is not foods found in the Windjammer for sure. We enjoyed it quite a bit. They will not run out of food and you will leave that brunch stuffed. Would I do it again? Probably not simply because I now know how the kitchen works. I think it is a one time thing unless a person just wanted to pay the cover charge for a very good buffet meal. If you have always wondered how the kitchen works, I would encourage you to check it out.

Edited by WhenIsLobsterNight