Live from the Majestic Princess preview cruise

dides

Just left Trieste with Jan Schwartz doing a speech from the bridge over the tannoy, masses of crowds on the waterfront and a huge firework display (weird in the daylight). Signing off to discover more parts of the ship and find some dinner!

Sandra and Chris

Just curious, what does "over the tannoy" mean?

Is it a new deck on the Majestic?

Just curious, what does "over the tannoy" mean?

Is it a new deck on the Majestic?

Tannoy is a British speaker manufacturer and the name has become generic 'British speak' for any PA system.

Thank you for a very enjoyable and thorough review! We will be on the May 14th sailing. We booked this cruise back in July and at that time there was absolutely no mention of the ship being built for the Chinese market on the Princess website. Silly me, I should have googled it. Who knew. So, I have one question.... I do not eat any type of Asian food or fish. Am I going to lose weight on this cruise?? Haha!!

Thank you for a very enjoyable and thorough review! We will be on the May 14th sailing. We booked this cruise back in July and at that time there was absolutely no mention of the ship being built for the Chinese market on the Princess website. Silly me, I should have googled it. Who knew. So, I have one question.... I do not eat any type of Asian food or fish. Am I going to lose weight on this cruise?? Haha!!

Shame you don't eat any type of Asian food or fish. Chinese cusine is considered by many, as #1 world's great cusines. Fish is lean protein, and is heart healthy. Both have health benefits. Compared to a diet consisting of red meat.

http://www.hillmanwonders.com/top_10_world_cuisines/top_10_world_cuisines.htm

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/General/Fish-and-Omega-3-Fatty-Acids_UCM_303248_Article.jsp#.WOWyDjllChA

Just curious, what do you usually eat at home, and on a cruise? And, how much weight do you gain on a cruise?

Enjoy your cruise, and if God wills, grant you good health, to live and not die before your cruise.

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to have a slice of apple pie every day before I die"

Edited by Kingofcool1947

To each their own, Kingofcool. I enjoy any cruise, was just interested in more variety in the food offerings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not to worry. No doubt, you will find the typical variety of cruise food offerings on the Majestic.

Enjoy your cruise! And don't gain too much weight. ;p

There are nice loungers forward and aft on the

Promenade deck on the Royal and Regal. We spent some time in the aft loungers on a sea day. It was quiet and you had a nice wake view. Do they have the same on the Majestic

Couldn't find any forward but there are some loungers aft, These are port (crew were on washing duty):

IMG_0237_zpsvv0yjhoo.jpg

The ones starboard are in the designated smoking area on deck 7:

IMG_0242_zpsccxoov1p.jpg

And there is also wicker seating at midships as on Regal:

IMG_0245_zpsa9b40jy1.jpg

Some more pics

Nice seating outside Princess Live! and Leaves Tea Bar.

IMG_0243_zpsycjzct1g.jpg

Bar Piazza

IMG_0249_zpset6uv4fn.jpg

La Mer

IMG_0247_zpsr7nkb5dx.jpg

IMG_0248_zpsm4bxtjki.jpg

Future Cruise/Captains Circle area on deck 5

IMG_0251_zpswvmwualk.jpg

IMG_0250_zpsx63mblv2.jpg

Edited by dides

Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to update us on this beautiful ship. As it's my first Princess cruise (not first cruise in general though) I don't have anything to compare it to.

Curious? Since you, OP, have status with Princess and thus sailed other ships of theirs; if this ship as is was left in the traditional market- would it be a ship you would sail? Or would you rather sail the others?

Thanks again and enjoy your trip!

Curious? Since you, OP, have status with Princess and thus sailed other ships of theirs; if this ship as is was left in the traditional market- would it be a ship you would sail? Or would you rather sail the others

If I had a choice between Majestic in it's current configuration and another Royal class ship like Royal or Regal then I would rather sail the latter. Mainly for the food and shopping choices. But it would not take much to refit the Majestic for the western market if she came back from China.

Hi Dides,

Now they are using a Hollywood pool as the nightclub to substitute Club 6 after 10PM. I was wondering do they have a dance floor set up by then or do they have an area to dance?

Thank you for giving us all the informative answers to everyone's questionnaire. It will help save us time when we board on April 30.

Hi Dides,

Now they are using a Hollywood pool as the nightclub to substitute Club 6 after 10PM. I was wondering do they have a dance floor set up by then or do they have an area to dance?

No real dance floor - just re-using the area in front of the bar and at the sides around the pool. Mostly just seen people standing holding drinks and chatting on the busiest nights - as there are no seats.

No real dance floor - just re-using the area in front of the bar and at the sides around the pool. Mostly just seen people standing holding drinks and chatting on the busiest nights - as there are no seats.

Sounds like it's what the Regal calls (Miami style?) night club theme. They have it once or twice on each Caribbean cruise. They move the night club spot from Club 6 to the retreat pool.

The good thing is Majestic is covered by the pool area when it's windy.

Thank you again for taking your precious cruising time to do a great Majestic live tread that everyone was waiting for. Your live tread is full of information would help so many folks especially who are traveling on her before she is going to China including us. I really appreciate it!

Have a wonderful time on the rest of your cruise. 😊

Hi Dides, thank you for the great pics and all the info. Di they get the Landry open? What coins does it take...quarters?

No laundromats are ready to use yet and won't be by the end of the maiden. They should take tokens you buy from a machine in the laundromat using your cruise card. We are able to send items to the ship laundry for free as a result although I did buy some tide sachets from the shop to hand wash some small items.

Hi Dides, thank you for the great pics and all the info. Di they get the Landry open? What coins does it take...quarters?

On the Royal there were token machines mounted on the wall in the laundry. You swipe your cruise card and select how many you want. Also, there are machines that dispense laundry soap, etc. the same way. I don't recall the cost but it was a bargain compared to what the ship charges to do your laundry. I sure hope they get everything up and running by May 21 when we leave on our 28 nighter. We plan to only pack for 8 days and do laundry along the way.

Food update:

Happy to report that the breakfast selection has improved in the World Fresh Marketplace since the preview cruise. Still less options for lunch and dinner though which means we go there less.

Afternoon Tea seems to be available almost every port and sea day mmm, lovely warm scones.

No sign of a pub lunch at any time.

We have personally enjoyed the food in the main dining room but others have reported tough lamb shank or cold food on occasion.

Harmony is providing an almost full menu - the odd ingredient is still missing in a stray container somewhere. I chose some dishes like spare ribs and crispy chicken which were bland compared to other selections - be guided by the waiter's recommendations.

Some American friends went to La Mer and disliked everything except the desserts. Said it was too salty for their tastes.

The International Cafe rocks - always something good to find.

Sandra

Food update:

Happy to report that the breakfast selection has improved in the World Fresh Marketplace since the preview cruise. Still less options for lunch and dinner though which means we go there less.

Afternoon Tea seems to be available almost every port and sea day mmm, lovely warm scones.

No sign of a pub lunch at any time.

We have personally enjoyed the food in the main dining room but others have reported tough lamb shank or cold food on occasion.

Harmony is providing an almost full menu - the odd ingredient is still missing in a stray container somewhere. I chose some dishes like spare ribs and crispy chicken which were bland compared to other selections - be guided by the waiter's recommendations.

Some American friends went to La Mer and disliked everything except the desserts. Said it was too salty for their tastes.

The International Cafe rocks - always something good to find.

Sandra

Thank you, Sandra for a very thorough response. It sounds like the Majestic will be a different experience from other Princess ships.