Seabourn Landbased Timeshare Plan

curiousx

Have any of you received/responded to the survey Seabourn is doing to sound out interest in a proposal to develop a landbased timeshare plan. It's called Destinations, and the notion is to duplicate the Seabourn experience on land. If I recall correctly, they are considering $87.5K for membership (refundable) and ???$25K a year for annual dues.

Frankly, I am not thrilled by the proposal nor by the notion that Seabourn management and staff attention might be diverted to developing this new option in a new business line, instead of focussing on the triplets and the business they already do so well...if they have the cash to spare, why not build a fourth ship and increase the itineraries.

Your thoughts ?

Without knowing all the details of this idea and not being privy to the development plans at Seabourn/Carnival corporate, on the surface this actually sounds like a potentially good idea to me. If the timeshare experience would closely equal the levels of service on the Seabourn ships, it might be an interesting departure from cruising. It sounds like "Club Med" back in the day...

Edit - Also, do we really know for sure that this would take Seabourn's focus away from the cruise product? I would love to see another ship as well with more "Theme" cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

you are right.in business, when you take your eye of the ball and try to extend the brand, something--or someone suffers.

we saw an itinerary for silversea that goes to tokyo, beijing, pusan south korea.i wish seabourn gets a cruiselike that in 07 so we can stick with seabourn.

Archived