Time zones

pete1606

Hi I am going on a Carnival cruise next week. I was wondering if the ship crosses time zones and/or if the ports of call are in different time zones does the ship keep its clocks set to the Embarkation time or does it work differently? This is my first cruise.

Peter

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

And when your in port and the sign as your leaving the ship says be back on board by 5:00 pm, that is ship time not local time. So if you leave Miami and go to Cozumel, stay on ship time all the time. You try to board the ship at 5:00 pm Cozumel time the ship won't even be there as it will have already left. Get a cheap water proof sports watch like I did, set it to ship time and leave it. If you don't know how to turn off auto time update on your phone your phone will auto update with new time when you change time zones and now your phone is not on ship time so don't go by the time on your phone. Just go by ship time and you will be just fine. Don't worry about local time, it will confuse you. If your on a shore excursion your tour guides already know your ship time as they've been doing this a long time and know when to have you back to your ship.

Regards of what the ship captain does, which ship you are on or what port you leave from or go to the only thing regarding time you need to know is what the clocks on the ship and the announcements tell you is SHIP TIME! It's SHIP TIME! SHIP TIME! SHIP TIME! Just make sure your watch matches that time when you debark in port.