Breakaway Spa Question

Is the Spa run by that group that does the high pressure sales pitch at the end of every treatment?

Once you check in and get a locker key, you have no contact with staff unless someone is refilling lemon water or towels. Nothing to sell you in there, just pure relaxation (unless a rude group gets loud).

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Heading to Bermuda on Breakaway for a girls week with my daughter and her friend. To find some peace and relaxation I have gotten a thermal spa pass for the first time and have a few questions.

The ladies room showers, are they roomie enough to shave my legs? I am a woman of unusual size, over 6' and heavy set. Are the spa showers bigger or smaller than the standard balcony showers?

Do they have the soap and shampoo dispensers in the showers? Any chance on hair conditioner? Do they happen to have blow dryers available? I know they have towels, are washclothes availabe?

Thank you for the help, it is most appreciated.

Is the Spa run by that group that does the high pressure sales pitch at the end of every treatment?

Yes. But for that matter, so does my hair stylist that I have gone to for years and years. That's how they make their money. Just politely say no. Not a big deal.

The ladies room showers, are they roomie enough to shave my legs? I am a woman of unusual size, over 6' and heavy set. Are the spa showers bigger or smaller than the standard balcony showers?

There are accessible showers that are much, much larger than a balcony shower with seats. All showers are bigger than what you will have in your stateroom.

Do they have the soap and shampoo dispensers in the showers? Any chance on hair conditioner? Do they happen to have blow dryers available? I know they have towels, are washclothes availabe?

NCL has body wash and a combined shampoo/conditioner in your room and in the locker rooms.

Thank you for the help, it is most appreciated.

Have a great cruise.

We just came off the Breakaway from a Haven spa. Next time we’re skipping the Haven and just going for the Spa, it was incredible and a much better value than what the Haven offered us on that ship. Be prepared to be bombarded with sales pitches on the first day when you try to enter the spa... they were ruthless and physically blocked us from entering and leaving the thermal spa until we went through their maze of sales pitches on day one, Day two and afterwards they left us alone.

On day one it was pretty much empty... and the last sea day was the busiest. This is also the most crowded cruise I’ve ever been on (was way more crowded than the Escape and Getaway) that I am sooooo glad we got the spa pass to escape from the rest of the ship at times.

It is wonderful to be able to take a long hot shower without being cramped. There are also blow dryers in the spa near the showers. Don't count on the robes though, they are "one size fits some" but not me. I'm not tall but round in the middle.

Edited by Zippeedee
More detail