Has any Latitude Plus pre-ordered Shore Excursion and got the discount from payment?

old nutter

The Latitudes Ts and Cs and the FAQs show that you should get the discount on pre-ordered Shore Excursions on myNCL but I tried it and it didn't work for one of our summer 2017 cruises. I am curious if it just a UK thing or if it is broken for everyone. If it is not working for all then it is a lot of money to be outstanding while they sort it out away from the computers - assuming there is a manual workaround for this issue. Obviously this is only a real problem if you ordered the excursion after the 3 Feb implementation of the changes. I normally check the Ts and Cs for everything with NCL because of their habit of taking bits away from the headline splash in the small print. In this case it looks like even the small print doesn't tell you what is going to happen.

How is it that the company IT can't follow what the Ts and Cs say should happen - yet again.

If it isn't sorted prior to your cruise, when you board the ship go directly to the shore excursion desk and they will apply the credit to your onboard account.

You need to have with you the ship cards for each person for which you pre-purchased the excursions as that is the only way the shore excursion staff know your Latitude level, and have the paperwork showing what you purchased and what you paid.

This was our experience on a late Feb cruise, although we pre-purchased prior to Feb 3. There were no issues with this at all, they did it without batting an eyelid, no fuss;).

The Latitudes Ts and Cs and the FAQs show that you should get the discount on pre-ordered Shore Excursions on myNCL but I tried it and it didn't work for one of our summer 2017 cruises. I am curious if it just a UK thing or if it is broken for everyone. If it is not working for all then it is a lot of money to be outstanding while they sort it out away from the computers - assuming there is a manual workaround for this issue. Obviously this is only a real problem if you ordered the excursion after the 3 Feb implementation of the changes. I normally check the Ts and Cs for everything with NCL because of their habit of taking bits away from the headline splash in the small print. In this case it looks like even the small print doesn't tell you what is going to happen.

How is it that the company IT can't follow what the Ts and Cs say should happen - yet again.

We tried to book excursions last week and had the same problem... would have charged me full price! It seems that they are slowly working through all of the many changes that are occurring with ships' enhancements and the many ports that are being added or removed.

I am curious if it just a UK thing or if it is broken for everyone.

It's not a UK thing because it works fine for me. The online system doesn't apply it for the booking made before the change, as expected, but does do it for the two cruises booked after the change.

It's not a UK thing because it works fine for me. The online system doesn't apply it for the booking made before the change, as expected, but does do it for the two cruises booked after the change.

Thanks for that - explains what is happening, but not why. The cruise booking date should not have anything to do with straight shore excursion purchase if the latter is done after the new discount was implemented and that is what the Ts and Cs and FAQs effectively show. Why not tell the truth up front and trade in accordance with the facts of having a bad IT system instead of just ignoring it and messing up their most loyal customers? Situation normal for NCL, not just ignore their customer service ops, ignore everything they print on the web site as well now then.

Well, they have been up front that this is what will happen, so there is no deception or sleight of hand on their part. It is very clearly stated that is how it will work.

I agree, it would be good if their IT could deal the same way with bookings before and after, but issues like that are in the nature of IT changes really. I've seen glitches like that happen everywhere, including my own company's website. Really nothing to be done about it other than wait the short period until everything is transferred to the new system.

What ship were you on Freckles because we were on the breakaway and we had trouble getting money refund for excursions that were cancelled. That excursions desk was a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Epic. One of my friends had a cancelled excursion and that was credited without a problem as well.

Hi,

I booked my shore excursions at full price. I was planning to go to the Shore Ex desk upon boarding to get my 15% Platinum Plus discount. But, last week I noticed an OV was about $50.00or so more than I paid for an inside so phoned my PCC. I got upgraded and received a 2nd promo plus the 15% amount on my excursions was given and went toward the difference in cabin price plus the gratuities for my Specialty Dining promo. I also was credited $17.00 on my Visa.

Great service for meclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

happytotravel

All I did was go to the shore excursion desk and ask if the discount could be applied to pre-paid excursions. The great woman at the desk refunded the pre-paid price for all excursions for all members of my party and then re-billed them at the discount price. Took about two minutes tops. Net effect was an OBC for the amount of the discount.

This was exactly what happened to us on March 12/17 Breakaway. I was very confused by the accounting, as only the new charges showed up on our account initially. Once the refunds showed up it all made sense.

We are Canadians and I wondered if the Latitudes discount was not applied because the computer can only do one calculation, and it was already converting to Canadian dollars? Just speculation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk