Questions on B2B's...

shellster1

Considering this out of San Juan. Wondering if I'm able to book the same cabin for both weeks, can I just leave all my belonging as is? If I book an excursion for the embark/debark day, do I just proceed as usual? Or do I need a new key card? Is there any other process(es) I should be aware of? What happens if I can't get the same cabin? I assume this is huge pain in the butt??? Having to pack everything up, then unpack?? Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have the same cabin, just leave it. If you have different cabins, talk with your Room Steward. Sometimes you won't have to pack up your hanging stuff.

We pack everything up and put on the next cruise's luggage tag. Don't forget to take stuff out of the safe.

Many times you do need to check in for the next cruise. B2B pax are usually the last off/first on. Talk with Guest Services for special check in arrangements.

If you are in the same cabin both cruises yes, you leave your belongings as is. If you end up in different cabins your room steward will move your packed up belongings for you. My first b2b in 2004 I had different cabins. Kind of a pain in the butt. I now always make sure I get the same cabin both legs. Yes, you will get a new S&S card since two different cruises. As for excursions, for all of my b2bs I've always just stayed on the ship between cruises.

:cool:

Thanks guys. This is so helpful! If I do not do an update excursion, I'll still need to disembark, right? Do I go sit in the waiting area? Also, for about how long? Oh and I just realized something: there's a mid-week boarding in Barbados for this particular route. Hmm. I wonder how this works with so many peeps?

If you have the same cabin, just leave everything as is. If you have to move, make sure your steward knows which cabin you are moving to. Sometimes it is the steward from the 1st leg and sometimes it is your new cabin steward. It depends if either has others they have to move.

On the last night of the cruise, you will receive instructions in your cabin. It will have info on where and when to meet so all the b2bs can meet as a group and be taken off, go through customs and return to the ship. You will get a new S&S card for cruise 2. Included will be an in transit card. If you decide to disembark and not go off with the group, you show your in transit card upon returning to the port so that you do not have to wait in line to get your new card and reboard. Of course it will have to be after a certain time, after all previous guests have disembarked from cruise 1.

Hope this helps

If you 've to switch cabins I would suggest taking some plastic grocery bags or collect some through the week. Use them to pack things together that go together on shelves or in drawers etc. This way when you unpack everything will be very easy to put away. It's not so hard as packing to travel where you have to be so careful where you put everything. Whenever you decide I know you will have a great cruise. We did this as a b2b in 2013. Perhaps the best cruise we ever took.

Well....it is done. whew!

THANK YOU to you guys who replied to my questions!! After going back and forth for weeks, I (finally) made my decision, now set in stone...no turning back:

I booked my first B2B! I'm in the same cabin both weeks, leaving June 3rd from San Juan! I'm thrilled to pieces! I've done this route twice, years ago. Both times it was my favorite. Both times I was lucky enough to take my mom. This time I'm lucky enough to take my (9-year-old) son. I hope to create the same amazing memories, but of course, it will be different.

I've treated him to cruises before, but for some reason, I have had a hard time deciding this time because I thought he would have the most fun on one of the brand new mega-ships. After much thought, I realized that's not him. I asked him what his favorite part about cruising was. His reply? "The comedy shows, the chocolate melting cake, and the waterslides."...This apart from snorkeling and shell hunting at the port stops. I finally figured out his happiness is not dependent upon the biggest and best ship, or even having a balcony cabin. (We saved a ton of $$ by booking a window cabin). Anyway, he loves the experience of it all. He doesn't like to shop and hates to wait in lines. Big surprise, right? :) I've also noticed while cruising with him, he develops quite a fondness of the staff which in my experience, are always so amazing on the Carnival ships. (Not to say they are not on the other lines.)

So....today I booked this B2B....AND also took a $500 hit by canceling another cruise I had already booked on another ship/line. I'm totally Ok with it, though. I'm at peace with it. I'm so excited to take him on this cruise route! I know he'll love it. I hope it will eventually be a memory in his mind that is near and dear to his heart, similar to the memories I have of my mom.

..and a two-week, port-heavy cruise!! YAY! Oh my Gosh, I'm so happy right now!