Boston Port and RV parking

allison0523

We will be going on the NCL Dawn out of Boston in June and I am looking for some information regarding parking at the port for an RV and best time to drive into the port area on a Friday morning. According to the Massport web page there are no height restrictions on the main lot but I am wondering how big it is and how quickly it fills up. Also, I am looking to find out when the best time to head into the city would be as far as traffic congestion. Thank you for your help.

We will be going on the NCL Dawn out of Boston in June and I am looking for some information regarding parking at the port for an RV and best time to drive into the port area on a Friday morning. According to the Massport web page there are no height restrictions on the main lot but I am wondering how big it is and how quickly it fills up. Also, I am looking to find out when the best time to head into the city would be as far as traffic congestion. Thank you for your help.

Why don't you call them and ask?

The lot is open air and does not have any height restrictions. There are a limited number of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) spaces in the C1 Lot which are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If none are available, you will be directed to the EDIC garage. For further information, please contact the EDIC garage at (617) 482-2487.

How big exactly is your RV? If it's really oversized there could be an additional charge, so you should ask. I know that Cape Liberty charges double for really oversized vehicles, but I don't know about Boston.

Where exactly would you be coming from the morning of the cruise? That will affect the timing recommendations.

I will call them but I was looking for some first hand information from people that have actually been there, live there or have done this. We parked it no problem at Port Canaveral towards the end of the lot. I believe they charged us a little more per day. It's 35 feet and we have a handicap parking placard as well for our son. We are coming from the west and most likely staying at a campground 40 minutes away or so like the Minuteman Campground in Littleton or something like that. We will be mostly taking I90 from Toledo, OH. We are pretty flexible on where we are staying beforehand but I figure its best to be as close as possible to the Port in case of traffic jams, etc.

I will call them but I was looking for some first hand information from people that have actually been there, live there or have done this. We parked it no problem at Port Canaveral towards the end of the lot. I believe they charged us a little more per day. It's 35 feet and we have a handicap parking placard as well for our son. We are coming from the west and most likely staying at a campground 40 minutes away or so like the Minuteman Campground in Littleton or something like that. We will be mostly taking I90 from Toledo, OH. We are pretty flexible on where we are staying beforehand but I figure its best to be as close as possible to the Port in case of traffic jams, etc.

Minuteman Campground is out in my area. I'd plan to leave around 9 am and take route 2A to I495 south to route 2 east to I95 south to I90 east. It should take about an hour. Check the traffic before you leave just in case there are issues with I90. With an RV I think I90 is the easiest approach to Black Falcon. This should put you there early enough that parking is not an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
In checking the Massport parking page, it appears that C1 and the parking garage are not mentioned, only he Flynn Cruiseport parking lot, which is the old cell phone lot?

This is being discussed on another thread. It appears that there are significant parking changes for the 2017 cruise season. If anyone is sailing in May, feedback on your parking experience would be great.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2481759

In checking the Massport parking page, it appears that C1 and the parking garage are not mentioned, only he Flynn Cruiseport parking lot, which is the old cell phone lot?

I emailed the port a week or so ago and didn't get an answer on my question but I did get an email today from the port about website and parking lot name changes. I wasn't sure what prompted that but it sounds like everyone in their address book probably got the email due to changes.