Disney Dream or Magic

rover11

I have sailed on the Dream twice with the kids and grandkids and we love Nassau and CC. I am ready to book again, but wondered if sailing on the Magic with the same itinerary would be a nice change. Any opinions that would help me decide would be appreciated.

We strongly prefer the Magic--smaller ship, lots more friendly, less noise in the dining rooms, way fewer "first timers" vibrating all over the ship as they try to do everything. In addition, you'll have different shows and slightly different features in the kid programming (Marvel Academy is on the Magic). On the downside, the Magic doesn't have the same features on the TV, no magic portholes, no midship detective agency.

Thank you MM, good to see you again. Thats what i thought, all the same Disney experience, with some new stuff. Does the Magic have movies on deck at night, fireworks, and pirate night? im looking at the 4 night cruise out of miami in april 2018

thanks, bill

:)and mickey bars? that will seal the deal. the Magic is also a little less expensive than the Dream at that time for which i am looking

The only time we didn't have Mickey bars was on a European cruise when they ran out. They did use a local supplier to get a substitute but it wasn't the same.

We strongly prefer the Magic--smaller ship' date=' lots more friendly, less noise in the dining rooms, way fewer "first timers" vibrating all over the ship as they try to do everything. In addition, you'll have different shows and slightly different features in the kid programming (Marvel Academy is on the Magic). On the downside, the Magic doesn't have the same features on the TV, no magic portholes, no midship detective agency.[/quote']

This precisely! Much prefer the Magic and Wonder even without all the bells and whistles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only time we didn't have Mickey bars was on a European cruise when they ran out. They did use a local supplier to get a substitute but it wasn't the same.

OMG! If that ever happened to my wife, she would jump ship!

It was actually a B2B cruise--the last Med and then the WBTA. The flew ini a supply from the US so we would have them on the WBTA. Only the final Med lacked the bars! On a different Med they ran out of Diet Coke--that was tough on my DD.