Sub-Ocean View Excursion - Open for Business?

texas greeneyes

Does anyone know if Carnival's Sub-Ocean View excursion is open for business following Wilma, or at least will be by next week? Its the one that is a semi-submarine.

If it is not, I need suggestions ASAP for other excursion ideas, other than beach and/or snorkel. Already done the Mayan ruins thing too. Any ideas? Thanks!

Does anyone know if Carnival's Sub-Ocean View excursion is open for business following Wilma, or at least will be by next week? Its the one that is a semi-submarine.

If it is not, I need suggestions ASAP for other excursion ideas, other than beach and/or snorkel. Already done the Mayan ruins thing too. Any ideas? Thanks!

I know that the excursion that RCI offers is up and running. Don't know if they use the same folks or not.

No, they are not working at this time. Waiting for some cleanup of the reefs until they do. Looking at January or so. And yes, all the cruise lines use the same semi-sub tour.

Interesting! RCI told me that the excursion was available. Hmmm.

Caro, what can you tell me about the Catch the Wave Snorkel Safari and Bond Adventure. Aren't you on the island? Thanx

I think it's getting confused between the Semi-Submersible and the Atlantis Submarine. The Semi-Submersible is half the price, and I think it's basically a glass-bottomed boat; according to RCCL, that's available. The Atlantis Submarine, which my wife and I were booked on for 12/7, is twice as expensive but actually submerges down about 90 feet; that, we were told, has been canceled.

(I get the feeling that the Semi-Sub wouldn't be worth the money, because it seems like the coral close to shore has been damaged by the hurricanes and I doubt the Semi-Sub goes too far off shore.)

Archived