hours for tender operation when ship overnights in port

madera1

We are sailing on the Konningsdam early August and will be in Edinburgh, Scotland August 8 and 9. We have purchased tickets on our own for the Military Tattoo as have others on the roll call. Some are booking hotels in town rather than risk not being able to return to the ship late at night. Has anyone sailed where tender operations ended early when overnighting? I just assumed that they would operate all night but perhaps not too often. I would appreciate any feedback .

In our overnight port stops the tenders were going all night- just at longer intervals between them the later they were. The crew likes to get ashore too. And come back at the wee small hours to get ready for their next shift.

Yes Hal is offering an excursion. I understand that traffic will be horrendous so it could take quite awhile to get back to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have been to the Tattoo, but not from a ship. Our coach dropped us at the bottom of the hill, (no vehicular traffic allowed) there is a long walk up to the castle, on crowded cobblestone streets. Lots to see and do (spend) on the way up. Obviously what goes up has to come down. Thoroughly enjoyed the night. Take something to keep you warm. The wind chill is noticable. K