Premium all inclusive coming to the UK

jetset763

People who travel 2 or more to a cabin vs solo cruisers. People who want unlimited alcohol vs light or non-drinkers. People who don't want to see an additional service charge vs those who prefer to see it separately. People who just want to make one decision about their holiday vs those that like to research offers and mix and match options and are willing to put a lot of effort into customizing their cruise and getting the lowest price.

Mh, of course I know, if I travel solo, I have to pay the supplement.

Sure thing, on a cruise not just for the room, I pay for food and entertainment too twice the fahre.

But with ncl I have to pay twice for drinks I don' t drink once and twice the service charge.

I monitor cruises for years and I can tell for sure: the price I have to pay at NCL with the inclusive package as a solo traveller is so ridiculous expensive, there are many higher rated cruiselines available for less money with better perks.

NCL is a big mass market line with smaller than standard cabins. They had some features better than others a few years ago, but the others learned their lesson.

At this time I book them when the price is interesting. I see no unique selling proposition.

Mh, of course I know, if I travel solo, I have to pay the supplement.

Sure thing, on a cruise not just for the room, I pay for food and entertainment too twice the fahre.

But with ncl I have to pay twice for drinks I don' t drink once and twice the service charge.

That's basically what the post you quoted was referring to. The new pricing is ok for some and not for others. It's not good for solos (except probably for those ships with studios).

Just announced at the London NCL event. From all bookings from 6th April NCL will be going All inclusive with all bookings made from UK on all 14 ships!. Booze, coffee, and tips/gratuities all included!

Haven guests will get an amount of free wifi and OBC And some more benefits...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Coffee and water are not fully included:8393638518d4f1ffe38a1da01c1d33fb.jpg44c1d46fbd1dadbe00e86be91b3a36ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the cruise lines make quite a bit of money on alcohol sales and NCL is figuring out a way to charge per person regardless of whether they drink or not.

The typical NCL suite pricing has included the UBP for sometime now and the pricing has definitely reflected the inclusion. The UBP built into suite pricing in the US doesn't include the bottled water, canned soda or specialty coffees. Looks like at least this UK model gives a speciality coffee with dinner and a bottle of water a day. The dsc gets paid anyways so no real loss or gain there.

So for the non drinker it looks like NCL doesn't really want or need your business. Too bad. I kept hoping they would eventually at least offer an alternative to the UBP for the non drinker or lite drinker.

The dsc gets paid anyways so no real loss or gain there.
According to the stereotype, the DSC was not being paid by a significant proportion of guests from the UK. I don't know if anyone here has any actual numbers. And I'm not sure about the rest of Europe, since we generally get ignored on this board, but the fact that NCL first introduced Premium All-Inclusive for the German and then the French speaking European countries I think indicates that there was "resistance" to the DSC in those markets, too.

Not a good idea for any number of reasons such as:

• non-alcohol drinkers
  • non-soda drinkers
  • solo travelers
  • additional service charges
  • non-speciality coffee drinkers or non coffee drinkers
  • non-speciality diners
  • no need for bottled water since water on board is safe to drink

These changes will only serve to raise cruise prices and take away your choice of options. Let's hope bookings drop and the all-inclusives go quietly away.

Let's not forget that NCL is not in the same league as Silver Seas, etc.. where you pay a much higher fare but do not have to make reservations for dining, shows and the passenger/staff ratio is higher. All-inclusive will still not cover shore excursions either.

MARAPRINCE

I have repriced an upcoming Panama Canal cruise. I am travelling solo and my booking already has the UBP and OBC. The price increase is £2500. BTW it is not a suite!

Annie

I have repriced an upcoming Panama Canal cruise. I am travelling solo and my booking already has the UBP and OBC. The price increase is £2500. BTW it is not a suite!

Annie

How have you repriced it? The all inclusive doesn't come in until tomorrow does it?

When I look at the NCL site it is still showing the Free at Sea deals.

How have you repriced it? The all inclusive doesn't come in until tomorrow does it?

When I look at the NCL site it is still showing the Free at Sea deals.

My error.

The price of my cruise has still risen by £2500. Could it be there is a glitch??

Annie

My error.

The price of my cruise has still risen by £2500. Could it be there is a glitch??

Annie

I don't know. I checked mine for next year, and they are both a similar price to what they were a couple of weeks ago.

It could well be that your cruise price has increased significantly. I generally find that is the case on most of my bookings.

I don't know. I checked mine for next year, and they are both a similar price to what they were a couple of weeks ago.

It could well be that your cruise price has increased significantly. I generally find that is the case on most of my bookings.

I'll check tomorrow and report back.

I checked the price on that well known German site and the price increases by another £1500 - ouch! So that would be a price increase of £4000!

Annie

Edited by anniegb

A week ago I booked an 11 day Xmas/New Year cruise on the Spirit leaving on 23rd Dec 2018. We booked a mid ship balcony cabin (BA) and got the UBP and OBC as perks. I checked the prices again this morning and found that I can book the cabin next door to the one we have for £240 less. I realise that in the UK we don't benefit from the price drop guarantee that applies to US passengers, so it seems my options are either to leave it as it is or cancel and lose my £100 deposit and rebook which would require a further £200 deposit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing I noticed with my existing booking was that the OBC is $100 per person, if I cancel and rebook the OBC would drop to $100 per stateroom, if that is the case then any potential savings by cancelling and rebooking would be lessened.

A week ago I booked an 11 day Xmas/New Year cruise on the Spirit leaving on 23rd Dec 2018. We booked a mid ship balcony cabin (BA) and got the UBP and OBC as perks. I checked the prices again this morning and found that I can book the cabin next door to the one we have for £240 less. I realise that in the UK we don't benefit from the price drop guarantee that applies to US passengers, so it seems my options are either to leave it as it is or cancel and lose my £100 deposit and rebook which would require a further £200 deposit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing I noticed with my existing booking was that the OBC is $100 per person, if I cancel and rebook the OBC would drop to $100 per stateroom, if that is the case then any potential savings by cancelling and rebooking would be lessened.

There shouldn't be any downside, but once you take into account the reduced OBC, you aren't talking about much of a saving. Probably worth it, but I doubt whether I'd bother myself.

If you're going to do it then do it today, as the prices may change significantly tomorrow.

Your call. I will assume 2 in a cabin.

£240 priced reduction less £100 deposit (is that total or pp?) less $100 OBC

Annie

There shouldn't be any downside, but once you take into account the reduced OBC, you aren't talking about much of a saving. Probably worth it, but I doubt whether I'd bother myself.

If you're going to do it then do it today, as the prices may change significantly tomorrow.

Thanks for your quick reply Keith, I would tend to agree. I compared similar cruises with P&O, Cunard and MSC and was happy enough with the original deal I got, so I think I'll just leave it.

Your call. I will assume 2 in a cabin.

£240 priced reduction less £100 deposit (is that total or pp?) less $100 OBC

Annie

Thanks for you reply Anniegb the £240 reduction was in total for 2 passengers and the £100 deposit was for both of us.

I'll check tomorrow and report back.

I checked the price on that well known German site and the price increases by another £1500 - ouch! So that would be a price increase of £4000!

Annie

That is the sort of increases I'm expecting to see from this, definitely ouch

Annie

Most passengers are already paying for some things that are so limited that only a few passengers are able to participate in them!!! If NCL keeps going this way, they will price themselves out of the mass market. No big name lecturers, entertainers, etc. Have they forgotten that they are definitely not the Queen Mary 2! :confused:

MARAPRINCE

Most passengers are already paying for some things that are so limited that only a few passengers are able to participate in them!!! If NCL keeps going this way, they will price themselves out of the mass market. No big name lecturers, entertainers, etc. Have they forgotten that they are definitely not the Queen Mary 2! :confused:

MARAPRINCE

I had anticipated an increase in price of £4000 - it is only £3500 extra!

JMO -ridiculous!

I think NCL have looked at other cruise line price points and thought - we can charge more!

Annie

I just checked one of my cruises booked for next year, and for 3 of us it is about £600 more than the price I got when I checked yesterday.

Taking into account that this now includes the DSC, and the soda package for the third guest (would have been UBP if he was old enough), it probably works out at about. £250 increase overall.

Just checked my TA on Epic for this year, it's gone up an overall price of £610 from when I booked it and £510 since yesterday's pricing, and all we would be gaining is speciality coffee.

And maybe loosing SDP?

Price £1408, UBP SDP

DSC. £221

Total. £1629

Today £2238