Diamond Status question

MEOWSMURPHY

I am curious as to how the "steakhouse" Diamond perk is handled. I know that both DH and I are platinum and we get one plate of "goodies" each cruise...We do, however, each get the free laundry perk. We will both be turning Diamond on our next cruise. Will they give each of us a Stakehouse perk or will it only be one? Do we have to use that on that particular cruise or can it be saved for a special occasion..ie Anniversary cruise? Any input is helpful...thanks...

Several weeks after turning Diamond, you each will get a letter from Carnival. You can use the letter on a future cruise for a free specialty restaurant dinner. It is good for only one time. I don't believe the free dining benefit has an expiration date. The one category upgrade or 3rd/4th person free benefit must be booked within a year of turning Diamond.

I am curious as to how the "steakhouse" Diamond perk is handled. I know that both DH and I are platinum and we get one plate of "goodies" each cruise...We do, however, each get the free laundry perk. We will both be turning Diamond on our next cruise. Will they give each of us a Stakehouse perk or will it only be one? Do we have to use that on that particular cruise or can it be saved for a special occasion..ie Anniversary cruise? Any input is helpful...thanks...

The steakhouse perk is per Diamond guest. When you use yours, it is dinner for 2 . When your DH uses his perk, it is dinner for 2 also. The only perk that you get one of is the sweet delight plate. We could do without it entirely, All other perks are per Diamond perk.

Several weeks after turning Diamond, you each will get a letter from Carnival. You can use the letter on a future cruise for a free specialty restaurant dinner. It is good for only one time. I don't believe the free dining benefit has an expiration date. The one category upgrade or 3rd/4th person free benefit must be booked within a year of turning Diamond.

I do not believe there is a time limit for the category upgrade. We certainly took about two years to use it.