Post Harmony cruise excursion Margaritaville Resort with FLL drop off

I have a 4pm departure after our Harmony cruise in May. Looking at various options to kill some time and ran across this excursion. After reading the details, it doesnt sound like you have access to anything at all at the Margaritaville resort. The only thing it actually said was that the bus storing your luggage will be parked NEAR the Margaritaville resort. (REALLY?) So for $80.00 bucks per adult you get the privilege of swimming at Hollywood beach and use public showers to clean up and maybe walk along the broadwalk and/or shop or eat lunch (at your own expense)....all things you could do for free... or rent a car and do much cheaper...that is one damn expensive trip to the airport...How can they even use the Margaritaville name in an excursion that it has no affiliation with?...Am I missing something? Has anyone actually done this excursion?

I haven't done that as an actual excursion, but we did go to the Margaritaville resort on our pre cruise day in February. The resort is beautiful. We had lunch at the restaurant (overpriced of course), then rented two clam shells on Hollywood beach and just hung out for the day. They have a pool in between the resort and the boardwalk that we could have used also, but the kids wanted the beach. There was no one checking to see if we were guests of the resort or not. They also have a roof top bar/restaurant on about the 5th floor that overlooks the beach/boardwalk so that was nice. Again, no one checked to see if we were guests or not. The boardwalk is really nice, there is a flowrider next to the resort.. Between the uber, food, and beach rental, we probably spent $80, but it doesn't sound like the excursion you mentioned includes anything. You could do it all on your own on a budget, but then comes the issue with where to put your luggage..

• 4 months later...

Curious if anyone has done this excursion and has the answer. I tried the online question form on royal only to get the "We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later" message. I guess no answer is better than the wrong answer. Please help.