DILEMMA: 8 day on Conquest or 7 day on Fascination

gardn198

Hey guys, I have a dilemma. I'm a maid of honor hosting a bachelorette party and we are currently booked on the 7 day Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. It's pretty cheap, only $409/person since there will be 3 girls per room. The issue is, we're seeing flights around $1000 or more to San Juan that time of year (Feb 2018) will they go down?

I was looking at other options and theres an 8 day cruise on the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale, it would be about $680pp but flights are under $400 so it saves money in the grand scheme of things.

What do you guys think? The Fascination is more port-heavy, and I haven't been to any of the ports on either route.

I'm not sure on the pricing of flights. We are on Fascination later this month. We have nonstop flights on Jetblue which I booked as soon as the time frame opened up (I think it was October..?). I paid just under $1200 round trip for all 3 of us in our party. I checked recently and the same flights would run us about $2200 if I booked them today. I am so glad I did it early!

I was just looking at those 2 cruises for next January to take with the family since all my college kiddos will be on break. I loved the ports with the Fascination more, but having sailed both ships, the Conquest is so much nicer & bigger in my opinion. I wasn't sure about airfare either and you can always get a good price to Lauderdale. I would say the Conquest but you have me interested in checking out that Vista cruise now. That might be your answer.

ugh I'm so overwhelmed now! How are the ports on the Conquest cruise?

this one goes from FLL to st. maarten, st. kitts, san juan, grand turk.

Hello there:

St Maarten/ Martin has both the French and Dutch Sides.

St Kitts has a peaceful downtown( Basseterre) for shopping and beaches.

By sailing into San Juan you get to spend some time in the Old City.

Grand Turk has a great Margaritaville right off the port.

I do love sailing out of San Juan- but then again-I have friends who live there so I go down the day before to visit.

Whichever port you finally choose to sail from, try to schedule to fly the day before sailing. ...best advice I ever received; for that cuts down on the stress of making the ship on time.

Just my $0.02 input

Garry

To answer your initial question, Southwest flies into SJU. They will open their winter schedule probably in early August. Tickets will be way below $1,000. From Chicago I'd expect them to top out at about $400.