Carnival Vista 8 day vs. Carnival Fascination 7 day - should we switch?

gardn198

Well to make things MORE complicated, we're now considering the Sunshine out of Orlando. Same ports as Vista minus La Romana and an extra sea day. We can get spa cabins for less than regular cabins on the Vista.

Well, If you wait a few weeks I'll give you my impression of the Sunshine! We're doing the eastern itinerary. Certainly a meaningful price difference from the Vista.

Haven't been to all the ports you are looking at but have been on the Sunshine twice and think it may be a good compromise. All the bells and whistles of the new ships but smaller. The 4j lobby rooms are great if not getting a balcony.

Thanks everyone for the input! We have put 2 inside Spa cabins on hold on the Sunshine. We will officially switch tomorrow from the Fascination. We will get 8 days vs 7 on the Fascination, and we can get a spa cabin on Sunshine for much cheaper than a regular cabin on Vista. Also, the flights and hotels to Orlando are MUCH cheaper than Miami so we can go to Disney with the money we save! We are considering Disney our missing port that we would have had on the Vista. Also, the Serenity deck on Sunshine is 3 floors and looks the best I've seen of any Carnival ship. As we are a bachelorette party of 6, the spa option is a huge selling point for us. I still want to sail the Fascination itinerary so I think I will schedule that for a NYE cruise later in 2018!

We sailed on the Sunshine with the same ports in August of 2015. It was a great cruise for my husband and I. On the way to Orlando we were talking about how sad we were that our 3 sons and their significant others were not able to come with us (like our last cruise) but we ended up meeting a young couple that we hung out with everyday. Still in shock that they wanted to hang out with us old folks. HaHa They actually found out they were pregnant right before the cruise and didn't tell their family because they didn't want them to worry so we were the first people they told. We still keep in touch through Facebook and enjoy seeing the pics of their daughter. It's a great ship with great ports and I'm sure you will have a great time! :)

Yes it's very enticing....I've been wanting to do a family cruise anyways, for my 30th bday maybe... and the Fascination sounds like more of ship to have a family vacation in hang with my parents than meet singles

Agreed..an old Fantasy Class in right situation is salt of earth people and a lot of fun for port intensive and less crowds. They are the oldest and check current reviews. If too much and could not change then it is right one..great minds to meet who thought alike,,,,,.and I have just read up to this post...lol....so if decided then great..just following up.

Check out this video and see if it does not change your mind about the Vista. These cabins are also available as an inside...there are 14.

They already have non refundable deposits on Carnival. Pay attention
Let's see...the video is all about the Havana area, which has gotten nothing but rave reviews...and guess what...it's located on deck 5 aft of the CARNIVAL Vista. So, obviously I was paying attention and you're just being true to your name.

Thanks everyone for the input! We have put 2 inside Spa cabins on hold on the Sunshine. We will officially switch tomorrow from the Fascination. We will get 8 days vs 7 on the Fascination, and we can get a spa cabin on Sunshine for much cheaper than a regular cabin on Vista. Also, the flights and hotels to Orlando are MUCH cheaper than Miami so we can go to Disney with the money we save! We are considering Disney our missing port that we would have had on the Vista. Also, the Serenity deck on Sunshine is 3 floors and looks the best I've seen of any Carnival ship. As we are a bachelorette party of 6, the spa option is a huge selling point for us. I still want to sail the Fascination itinerary so I think I will schedule that for a NYE cruise later in 2018!

LOL..got to end...this is perfect!!!! Perfect for your situation!!!

Like your choice. Your logic is similar to how we ended up on Sunshine in a week. Cheaper to fly into Orlando than either Lauderdale or Miami and a nice 8 day itinerary we're excited about. We'll make a decision during this upcoming cruise if we'll return to Sunshine and head to the ABCs next time.

Watch your airfares to SJU on SWA. Sometime you'll be able to grab an inexpensive one with a couple months notice. That's the time to call the girls, book those plane tickets, and then do a Pack n Go on the Fascination. It does the exact same route every week, Sunday to Sunday, so you'll always find an acceptable cabin a couple months out.

Have fun.

Sounds like a great plan! Some advice from an Orlando resident. If you go to Disney, skip Magic Kingdom. It's crowded and miserable most of the time. Epcot is more relaxing and you can drink around the world lol. Universal is much better IMO. Have had passes there for over 10 years and City Walk is fun. Have a great cruise!:)

Sounds like a great plan! Some advice from an Orlando resident. If you go to Disney, skip Magic Kingdom. It's crowded and miserable most of the time. Epcot is more relaxing and you can drink around the world lol. Universal is much better IMO. Have had passes there for over 10 years and City Walk is fun. Have a great cruise!:)

Thank you! I actually work for Universal Pictures in Los Angeles so I could get us in for free... but the girls are more into Disney... we have a retired military person in our group so we can supposedly get 4 day park hoppers for only $200?