Trent, Yankee Trader vs Yankee Clipper

Tfish

Yankee Clipper is on the beach and closer to the port and airport, Yankee Trader is across the street from the beach.

To be honest, neither would be my choice though. I suppose either is fine for a night, but they're both old, a bit tired, and in need of their upcoming remodeling IMO.

What do you think for a post cruise stay?

Yankee Clipper or Yankee Trader.

I beleive that I can get for $150 on Easy click.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Hi Mike,

I just picked up the Yankee Trader on EasyClick for $145 + tax. The recent reviews on TripAdvisor were really pretty good:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84492-Reviews-Sheraton_Yankee_Trader_Hotel-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Good Luck!

Kel

That would depend on what time of year you're coming... In the winter/spring anything that cheap on the beach is most likely going to be in the "old/tired" catagory unless you get lucky.

Those Sheratons are okay for a night or two, they're just old. If you really want to be on the beach this winter/spring you're probably not going to do much better without spending quite a bit more.

We leave tomorrow for our pre-cruise and were originally scheduled to stay at the Yankee Clipper. After hearing alot of negatives on this board I canceled and changed to Pelican Beach. Was able to receive a AAA rate of $228 for a 2 queen SUITE, oceanfront (directly on FLL beach) with a balcony and free breakfast for all 4 of us, by calling the hotel directly. I took Trent's advice and made sure we would be in the new (beautiful) tower and we are. $164 for Yankee Clipper, compared to $228 with all the newness and amenities, go for the extra. Being frequent business travelers, we always feel better staying in a nice place when away from home. Just my thoughts. Enjoy your cruise.

We are thrilled to be leaving tomorrow and leaving expected snow in the NE. Of course Gamma may put a kink in things, but not worrying at this stage. Relaxing on the ship will be worth it and packed plenty of Dramamine incase it is rough.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Pelican Beach's NEW tower is a wonderful hotel directly on the beach, but it's on the north end of Fort Lauderdale beach. It's about 20-30 minutes from FLL depending on traffic, 15-20 minutes or so from Port Everglades. Perhaps a $25 cab ride from FLL, a bit less from the hotel back to the port.

Keep in mind that if you don't want to eat at Pelican Beach's restaurant you'll need a taxi to go to dinner, but there are several places within a 5 minute cab ride so that cost will be minimal.

Our group of 16 stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader precruise and we liked it. We all had oceanview rooms. We were within walking distance of many restaurants and the water taxi so we didn't need cars. The beach in across the street from the hotel but there is a covered walkway so you don't have to cross the street. The restaurant in the hotel lobby is very nice too with views of the ocean.

Archived