Ricky's Island Tours - accessibility ?

Peggyd.73

Looking for input from anyone that has done Ricky's island tours or taken one of the other mini-bus tours. I've searched online for pictures of the vehicles and seating w/o any luck. Trying to understand if these are big passenger vans in which some must clamber over seats to get into back or more of a real bus w/ single aisle accessible to all seats.

Also - if I have family that will be joining the tour that have mobility constraints, would they still be able to enjoy most of the tour?

Thanks!

Looking for input from anyone that has done Ricky's island tours or taken one of the other mini-bus tours. I've searched online for pictures of the vehicles and seating w/o any luck. Trying to understand if these are big passenger vans in which some must clamber over seats to get into back or more of a real bus w/ single aisle accessible to all seats.

Also - if I have family that will be joining the tour that have mobility constraints, would they still be able to enjoy most of the tour?

Thanks!

I don't know about Ricky's vehicles, you might email them but in general there is no standard mini bus. They are private owned, have seen different configurations. I have seen one that is a real bus but most are not. Most don't have aisles.

My personal opinion is that taxi tours are preferred over minibuses for tours. If you have more than seven in your family or less than four that is when you do a minibus tour. More than seven as seven is the limit for a taxi. Less than four because of the expense. If your family is between four and seven do a taxi tour. Also taxis would be better for accessibility than the minibuses in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

my co-work took Ricky's mini bus tour when they were there last October and they had a great time. There were 6 or 7 of them. Go to http://www.facebook.com/rickysminibus/ to find his site and you can see photo's of what you will be traveling in. I'm trying to find others that want to join my husband and I on this 6 hour tour of the island. The cost is $60.00 per person if there is at least 7 going. Let me know if anyone wants to go

my co-work took Ricky's mini bus tour when they were there last October and they had a great time. There were 6 or 7 of them. Go to www.facebook.com/rickysminibus/ to find his site and you can see photo's of what you will be traveling in. I'm trying to find others that want to join my husband and I on this 6 hour tour of the island. The cost is $60.00 per person if there is at least 7 going. Let me know if anyone wants to go

You don't mention the date you would like to find others to go with you.....

I suggest the best way find others would be to post on your sailing's Cruise Critic Roll Call. Check the roll call board for your sailing if you have not already done so. If you can't fill the Ricky's tour you can pick up a tour at the Dockyard.

You don't mention the date you would like to find others to go with you.....

I suggest the best way find others would be to post on your sailing's Cruise Critic Roll Call. Check the roll call board for your sailing if you have not already done so. If you can't fill the Ricky's tour you can pick up a tour at the Dockyard.

Yes, if we can't fill a van then we will wait on the dock and join one there.