Stores and restaurants near Crowne Plaza in Ft. Lauderdale

DiamondDiva23

I'm not familiar with the area near the Crowne Plaza on 24th St. and we will be staying there this Sat night before our Freedom cruise. What is there to eat around there and are there any stores nearby in case we need something? Thanx for your help!

I'm not familiar with the area near the Crowne Plaza on 24th St. and we will be staying there this Sat night before our Freedom cruise. What is there to eat around there and are there any stores nearby in case we need something? Thanx for your help!

There's not much of anything in the immediate area other than Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. About a half mile west is Lester's Diner, a half mile to the north is Pollo Tropical, Taco Bell and Ernie's Barbecue. After that you would need to go to the Harbor Shops and 17th Street area.

The area around the Crowne Plaza is a mix of commercial and light industrial. To the south is the Mercedes Dealership, to the east is a Chevron gas station and next to it is the entrance to the port. Again, if you want any shops you would have to go to the Harbor shops and 17th Street.

Thank you for your help. Our friends who live in FL will be meeting us with a car so we will ask them to take us to 17th St. I'm just excited to be so near to the port!

The Crowne Plaza is located across from the Marina Mile/State Road 84 entrance on the west side which is not the "sexy side." The north entrance from 17th Street is the panoramic, sexy side.

A half mile to the north is Pollo Tropical, Taco Bell and Ernie's Barbecue. After that you would need to go to the Harbor Shops and 17th Street area.

After 60 years in business, Ernies closed last week. Anthony bought the land.

We just stayed at this property a couple weeks ago, and it is very nice, but there is not much there. The rooms were nice and spacious. The restaurant was extremely limited. We had to taxi and Uber everywhere, but since your friends will be your personal chauffeurs you will be fine [emoji2] I had bid on Priceline and the Crowne was the property that I won. I would have never chosen it otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Tom Jenkin's is very mediocre. You should try Blue Willie's on Commercial just east of Dixie Highway.

We tried Blue Willie's and thought it was just meh ... ribs were a bit dry and tough.

We like the BBQ or jerk chicken and/or ribs at Alexsandra's in LBTS. Really good Jamaican BBQ.

We tried Blue Willie's and thought it was just meh ... ribs were a bit dry and tough.

We like the BBQ or jerk chicken and/or ribs at Alexsandra's in LBTS. Really good Jamaican BBQ.

Sounds good...I'll try them the next time I'm in LBTS.

Give Blue Willie's another chance. I've always found them to be consistent, but I mostly eat their brisket.