Question-Booked with Carnival but can get a better price thru Verizon

pfleer

So, I just learned today that I can use my smart rewards to get a discount on my cruise. I have one booked for next year and I can book through Verizon for $250 less (same cabin category). Is there any way to do this since I booked early saver?

Early Saver does not cover prices offered from booking on any other website except carnival.com

Your only choice would be to cancel your existing trip pay the $50 pp cancellation fees and rebook with verizon

I am not sure, but I also have Verizon - how were you able to do this?

In the Smart Rewards section there is a travel category. It let me go all the way through the booking process for my cruise.

Like other poster said, you will have to cancel your current booking and rebook on Verizon. However, be aware that if you have any issues, you will have to go through Verizon to get them addressed. Carnival will not speak with you about your cruise, you have to make any changes through Verizon.

I booked a 5 day cruise on the Ecstasy out of Charleston through Verizon. While the price was less, for me it wasn't worth all the hassle of going through them when we had a couple of issues.

They spelled our names wrong, and we had to contact them to get that corrected. Also, they somehow charged us twice for gratuities, so had to contact them to get that corrected also.

If you want to upgrade cabins, again, you have to go through them. Cannot do anything through Carnival directly.

So, not saying don't book through Verizon, just be aware you will lose control of your booking and have to go through them for anything related to the booking. For me, never again.