Copenhagen on Sunday

Pugdog007

We arrived on a Sunday and went from airport to ship. There was no traffic, saw no buses, very few taxis, most were taking passengers who were getting off ship to where they wanted to go, so I wouldn't count on too much being open. We weren't downtown, so can't answer that part. We had hoped there were buses running since we got to the ship so early, and thought we might be able to at least try and go somewhere, but alas we didn't. will catch it on the up and coming Baltic cruise as we get there on a Wed.

I hate to tell you this because I know it's not what you want to hear, but we were in Copenhagen on a Sunday (fortunately we were there overnight for 2 days) a couple of years ago, and almost all the stores are closed. We walked down the Stroget to get to Tivoli and probably saw 2 out of hundreds of stores open. I remember reading comments from 2005 Baltics passengers that it was the same this year. We were there on a Wednesday this year and had no issues with closings.

Have a great trip,

Donna

• 3 weeks later...

Museums should be open but for the most part, stores will be closed. Most restaurants should be open. There are a few small shops in the main train station that should be open including a small grocery store, but nothing exciting. Plan on making it a tourist day to see sights.

BobK/Orlando

Archived