Premium all inclusive - your views ? & Poll

Are you in favour of NCL's new Premium all inclusive  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of NCL's new Premium all inclusive

• Yes
    • NO - i want choice
    • Not bothered

I read somewhere (probably on CC) that Mein Schiff and TUI (the two home-grown German lines) were AI so NCL trialled AI in competition to them. As UK does not have that same AI model (P&O and CMV anyway) they may find the market more resistant.

We have not sailed NCL since FDR took over and the UBP package 'freebie' became the norm. Given our drinks bill on previous NCL cruises:eek:, AI would probably be worth it for us. We ran a few numbers for NCL against Azamara and cost-wise there is not a lot of difference. Experience and itinerary-wise NCL are not in the same ball-park.

We have a Regent Seven Seas cruise booked for next year - that should throw an interesting twist into the calculations as well.

From a solo cruiser's perspective, the solo penalty can be as low as 25% on Azamara which on some cruises makes the pricing comparable to the new NCL model.

Annie

I am genuinely surprised that people appear surprised that prices have gone up.

It's not to do with adding the beverage package. That increase happened a couple of years ago.

It's pure and simple a price increase. Any time a company changes their pricing structure then, if they have any sense, they will use the opportunity to increase prices.

If anything, it's to do with the currency movements since the bee it vote. It's overdue in my opinion.

It's not to do with adding the beverage package. That increase happened a couple of years ago.

It's pure and simple a price increase. Any time a company changes their pricing structure then, if they have any sense, they will use the opportunity to increase prices.

If anything, it's to do with the currency movements since the brexit vote. It's overdue in my opinion.

If anything, it's to do with the currency movements since the brexit vote. It's overdue in my opinion.

Hi Keith. I have no problem with a price increase but would prefer honesty in marketing (I know that is probably just hopeful).

If there was a problem with guests paying DSC then they could have made it compulsory with no option to remove.

As for Brexit you are correct that changes were always going to happen in a variety of areas.

All in all I am still currently okay with NCL but as a solo traveller will be monitoring prices

That has also been my opinion.

NCL should be honest and just state it - prices have increased because of the June vote - don't use smoke and mirrors.

Annie

<snip>

If there was a problem with guests paying DSC then they could have made it compulsory with no option to remove.

<snip>

That is effectively what they have done for UK pax.. I have not perused the updated T&Cs (if they have been updated yet:rolleyes: for UK pax). I, for one, would hope that the OBSC is now compulsory for UK pax (perhaps with a caveat for an unresolved major service issue).

That is effectively what they have done for UK pax.. I have not perused the updated T&Cs (if they have been updated yet:rolleyes: for UK pax). I, for one, would hope that the OBSC is now compulsory for UK pax (perhaps with a caveat for an unresolved major service issue).
Steve, I am pretty certain that any unresolved major service issue would not alter anything to do with the package that you have paid for. You now pay for a full deal which includes everything (almost). If you have a service issue, then any discussions over a refund would be a separate issue.

Steve, I am pretty certain that any unresolved major service issue would not alter anything to do with the package that you have paid for. You now pay for a full deal which includes everything (almost). If you have a service issue, then any discussions over a refund would be a separate issue.

Not sure about this.

If DSC is included the UK consumer laws would require that element to be refunded if you felt it was an issue.

What ever the issue part of the pricing will have gone up also as we in the UK will now be paying VAT @20% on all VAT able items such as DEC drinks food and anything else they feel is VAT able.

So there you go another reason why AI was not a good deal. Keith you are 100% on the money its a price rise full stop!

It could be argued that there is no DSC any more for UK customers on the AI scheme, so DSC itself not refundable.

And a price rise such as this will only end up in shooing customers to other cruise lines......like ones who sail from the UK!!!

I'm an American expat living in Europe with credit cards in various currencies and residence addresses in various countries, so I have several options when it comes to booking. Booking the Premium AI in continental Europe or the UK is roughly twice the price of booking through the US with the UBP, even after factoring in gratuities, etc.

I'm an American expat living in Europe with credit cards in various currencies and residence addresses in various countries, so I have several options when it comes to booking. Booking the Premium AI in continental Europe or the UK is roughly twice the price of booking through the US with the UBP, even after factoring in gratuities, etc.

I would say that's an anomaly. I've compared many times and it's never been close to double.

The sharp drop of the £/$ makes a big difference and the new AI will. But not double.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would say that's an anomaly. I've compared many times and it's never been close to double.

The sharp drop of the £/$ makes a big difference and the new AI will. But not double.

Per person, June 4th out of Hamburg on Jade in an inside guarantee:

UK AI: £1730 ($2166)

EU AI: 2029 ($2153)

US w/ UBP & $125 OBC: $839

Really! I have been looking at a Med cruise from Barcelona in June and they only had guarantees left but I assumed this cabin class was excluded from Premium?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is why you should never assume, from NCL's website: "Premium All Inclusive is valid for all new bookings (frequent individual traveller and groups) based in € as of the 3rd of April 2017 for all stateroom categories on board Norwegian Cruise Line ships."

This is why you should never assume, from NCL's website: "Premium All Inclusive is valid for all new bookings (frequent individual traveller and groups) based in € as of the 3rd of April 2017 for all stateroom categories on board Norwegian Cruise Line ships."

Yes but there is an anomaly on the UK website where the x grade (guarantee) is clearly showing as excluded whereas the brochure says otherwise!

Personally for me

i wont be booking a Premium all inclusive cruise and i'll explain.

I want CHOICE - not NCL making my decisions for me.

I want cheaper cruises and if i want to add drink packages etc on to my booking i will.

This will lead to a price hike.

This seems to be a thread for non-USA pax ?

A pre-explanation of "Premium all inclusive" (Al) would have sufficed,

before I got sucked in to reading this Poll/Thread .

Edited by $hip$hape