Move from GS to ATS

300/PP 2 of us 600.

The ATS and GS are both Sky Class, so the perks are the same. However, you're looking at a much larger stateroom and a huge balcony with a great view. I'd be tempted, especially if you have friends onboard who could help you take advantage of that balcony.

Having had both here is my 2 cents. I loved the balcony on the ATS but it was always windy it seemed. Watching the shows was fun. Especially with our daughters 11 & 15. The ATS involves a lot of walking, being it is the last room on the ship. Personally it made the ship feel too big for us. Loved the GS, as we do on all the ships. Locations are much better. Perks are the same. For me I would keep with the GS and save the $, but the ATS is fun to experience. Is the balcony worth $600 more to you? That is honestly what you are paying for.

I am a great lover of the ATS - both the 1 BR and 2 BR suites.

I would recommend that, if you can get that upgrade for $600 and that is affordable to you, go for it. I think you should experience the ATS at least once. At least you will know then. If you let the opportunity pass and don't try it, you may regret it. The ATS are becoming more and more difficult to find.

I concur that it is a VERY long walk all the way back there. That is the only drawback, IMO

Just my $.02 (not that we have pennies in Canada anymore! LOL). I have cruised in both. The big positive for me of the ATS over the Grand Suite, is besides the large balcony is that the bedroom is SEPARATED from the "Living Room" by a door and therefore the earlier riser can enjoy their morning java and watch the news in a separate room with a separate TV. The only downside of the ATS is that the washroom is much smaller than the GS. Happy and Safe Travels. :):)

Just my $.02 (not that we have pennies in Canada anymore! LOL). I have cruised in both. The big positive for me of the ATS over the Grand Suite, is besides the large balcony is that the bedroom is SEPARATED from the "Living Room" by a door and therefore the earlier riser can enjoy their morning java and watch the news in a separate room with a separate TV. The only downside of the ATS is that the washroom is much smaller than the GS. Happy and Safe Travels. :):)

Cute. :-). I just converted my CAD to USD for tips. The exchange rate hurts.

We did an OS years ago on the Splendour and loved the size - and the bathroom was amazing. This time we have a 4 year old so thought the separate room would be better. Hoping I'm going to love it. Was it too much walking though? (We are somewhat young and fit, so I'm thinking it shouldn't be too bad.). I hope. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OUCH!! I hear you my Canadian cruiser! Paying 1.37 out for 1.00 hurts!

We have done an OS on a few cruises, most recently my DH and myself on the NOS this past January. WE loved the dining table and living room to relax on our 9 day cruise. So be aware the ATS is much smaller. IMHO, the best ATS (A3 category) is on the 11330, 11730, 12330 and 12730. DO NOT reserve on Deck 14! The balconies are small as is the suite. My concern with the ATS is that your 4 year old may be able to open the slider door and you may not hear him being in a separated room. But then again, maybe the glass door lock engagement is tougher than I remember.

Regarding the walking... not a problem. We found our suite 12330 on the Oasis in April 2016 was easy to navigate to elevators and "afar". No worries. :) Very Easy to head up to CK!

We are on the Allure on May....this time with our adult children-DS and DD (Our kids are now almost 22 and 19! clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727) We declined 11330(A3) and 11328 (our DD's BF is joining us) in favour of a Royal Family Suite that has 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and living area plus a Central Park stateroom Balcony for DD and BF. Just a little more room for DS to spread out and have his own washroom. I will post my comments on this suite after we return.

Happy and Safe Travels.

:)Pam

Hi Pam. I think we are in 11730. We've been booked for a long time. Sh originally booked 14330 thinking higher is better and I quickly made him call back and our room was still available. Phew! We had the OS before we had our son and loved it. But he's a super early riser - so one of us can go in the other room with him. I'm also expecting that he will probably end most nights in our bed or one of us will go sleep with him if he wakes. I'm expecting to spend every night with either my husband or son. Or both. The joys of being a mom of a toddler. :-).

We won't close the door between the two rooms and maybe I'll bring a bell or something to tie on the handle of that slider. Thanks for the tip!

L-A. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums