Westjet flight, disappearing or still there?

cuterlmt

I have a cruise out of Vancouver in August, 2017, returning to Vancouver on 9-11, staying there for a couple days, then back to our home airport in ABQ on 9-13. I have been looking at flights returning to our home airport. I found the one I wanted, and have just been watching it, and waiting to buy our tickets, hoping for a "sale". Today and yesterday when I went to WestJet website, I could not find the flight. And I couldn't get it to come up on Travelocity either. But today, it comes up on Expedia as still there. If I purchase the tickets now, and they decide to cancel the flight, that will make us change our plans. We want to spend most of a full day in Vancouver on the last day and the flight out of YVR is at 425pm. I also don't want to take a flight first thing in the morning. We could fly out of Seattle - we are flying in to Seattle on 8-27, and taking the Amtrak train that evening to Vancouver. But I would rather spend that last day in Vancouver.

Can anyone give me a good idea about how likely it is that the flight gets cancelled and we have to figure something else out? I think I prefer to buy the ticket from the airline, instead of through Expedia. But obviously, if the flight isn't there, I won't be able to.

Just as a caveat, we haven't flown in years. We usually drive or take Amtrak. So I'm not as familiar with pricing and all of the things that come along with flying.

Thank you for your help.

I meant to post this on the Cruise Air board.... but any help is appreciated.

Edited by cuterlmt
posted to wrong board.

"WestJet 5566 operated by Compass Airlines As American Eagle"

I believe the 16:25 flight Expedia is showing is a codeshare flight (see quote above), and maybe WJ has already sold their "quota" or allowed number of seats for the flight? WJ will not be the airline choosing to cancel this flight, but rather Compass/American Eagle. Maybe book through American Eagle?

Edited by CantSwim63
Added a suggestion