Kid food questions - SDP but child eats off kids menu?

LSKC

I was told when booking that our picky 9 year old (she is a grazer and a very light eater) could go to the Specialty Dining room meals with us and just order off the kids (MDR) menu. I realize that menu is the same all week long. During the end of the week, or at a particular meal she may want a smaller portion off of the a la carte menu (or she'd like the food at Teppanyaki's but wouldn't really eat much of it).

Can she order kid sized cheaper portions off of the Specialty dining menu and pay a smaller $?

Any details appreciated.

My guess is no. We just got back from 10-nights on the Spirit with our 9-year old. We paid full price for him in Teppanyaki and he ordered off the kids menu in the other venues. I don't think we were given the option of the kids' menu in Teppanyaki. I think you might have to pay full price there. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

There are no "kid priced" smaller portions. Are you looking for an extra side or an extra entree?

If it's a side, the waiter MIGHT just put it on the SDP holder's meal but it isn't guaranteed. It's supposed to be a la carte (just a few $).

If it's an entree, it will be a la carte price.

As for Teppenyaki, they don't really mind if a child shares. If the child wants something from the kids' menu, order it ASAP because it will take time to get there.

My guess is no. We just got back from 10-nights on the Spirit with our 9-year old. We paid full price for him in Teppanyaki and he ordered off the kids menu in the other venues. I don't think we were given the option of the kids' menu in Teppanyaki. I think you might have to pay full price there. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

No offense, I know you are trying to be helpful, but guessing and speculation isn't helpful for someone who is trying to get an accurate answer.

We intended our kids to order from the children's menu at the SPD meals but at Teppanyaki our server asked the kids if they would like the chicken and noodles from the adult menu and he ordered that for them and then we all ended up sharing everything. We were not charged for the additional order. Our kids felt special and we were very appreciative.

At Cagney's we asked for empty plates and we shared with them. The portions are large and you can order 2-3 sides.

We intended our kids to order from the children's menu at the SPD meals but at Teppanyaki our server asked the kids if they would like the chicken and noodles from the adult menu and he ordered that for them and then we all ended up sharing everything. We were not charged for the additional order. Our kids felt special and we were very appreciative.

At Cagney's we asked for empty plates and we shared with them. The portions are large and you can order 2-3 sides.

Thanks for this as it is something my DD and myself discussed. We figured we would get extra plates and my DGD could just share our food. It is nice to read that someone else did this.

I wish they would have offered us that option. Our kid got the chicken and noodles, ate almost nothing, and we paid $38. This was a week ago. Sounds like it's YMMV.

No offense, I know you are trying to be helpful, but guessing and speculation isn't helpful for someone who is trying to get an accurate answer.

So sorry. I should have said - in our 3 NCL cruises when we had the Dining Package, we were told outright we could pay for our child or he could order off the kids' menu. We were not given any other options. But as the above poster said, it's apparently YMMV.

There are no accurate answers because it will depend on the server in the specialty venue. Some will let the child have a side and simply count it as the SDP person's side, some will charge for the child's order.

My kids have eaten at Teppenyaki twice off the main dining room kids menu. They did, however serve them each the edamame and asked if they wanted soup which one of my children tried. I also think they served at least one of them the rice to try. Then I'm pretty sure they let them order the green tea ice cream (which they did not care for) and brought a cupcake for dessert for one of my kids' birthdays. We were not charged anything and the servers were clear that the kids menu was free, but think they prep the appetizers for the whole table. I would encourage you to try it. The kids had a blast....so much so when we tried the hibachi grill at Epcot it did not live up to either Teppenyaki experience by far.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

hi..we will be on the Spirit in July. I also have a picky eater. Can you please tell me what was on the kids menu in the MDRs? thanks in advance.