Putting cash down on sign & sail account

orion7096

I have a $500 OBC before I set foot on the ship. I was wondering do I have to put down the $200 per person on my sign and sail account? Which in my case would be $600. Or can I put down like $200 on top of the OBC? I wasn't sure if the $200 was required per person. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always prepay OBC(gift cards or however) and just let them know you're doing cash when you check in and you don't have to do the deposit. They'll direct you to customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't a requirement for an OBC deposit. If the $500 OBC you have came from a Carnival promo or ES price drops, it is most likely nonrefundable. So, if you don't use all of it, you don't get a refund. I personally would wait until the $500 is almost used up and then deposit more if I thought we needed extra money.

We got on the Fantasy this week with $50 OBC. I didn't make another deposit until the next day when the lines went down at Guest Services and the kiosk. As long as you don't have a negative balance on your sail and sign account, Carnival doesn't really care how much or when you make a deposit.

I have a $500 OBC before I set foot on the ship. I was wondering do I have to put down the $200 per person on my sign and sail account? Which in my case would be $600. Or can I put down like $200 on top of the OBC? I wasn't sure if the $200 was required per person. Thanks.

We always prepay OBC(gift cards or however) and just let them know you're doing cash when you check in and you don't have to do the deposit. They'll direct you to customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some embarkation ports will request you pay your cash upfront before you board . A few will send you to guest services.

Just curious where this $200 deposit requirement for cash accounts is from. We have cruised for the past 6 cruises with a cash account. We've always been told to set it up onboard when we check in. We set it up with how much we think we're going to need and add more if necessary. We frequently start with less than $200. No one has told ever us we need to deposit more.

Just curious where this $200 deposit requirement for cash accounts is from. We have cruised for the past 6 cruises with a cash account. We've always been told to set it up onboard when we check in. We set it up with how much we think we're going to need and add more if necessary. We frequently start with less than $200. No one has told ever us we need to deposit more.

from carnival FAQ page:

Sail & Sign Account Opened with Cash or Traveler's Checks

• Guests may activate their Sail & Sign account on Carnival.com, My Cruise Manager - Online Check-In or on the first day of the cruise at embarkation.
  • Guests must deposit cash (U.S currency only) or Traveler's Checks at Guest Services on the first day of the cruise. Please note that on the Carnival Vista sailing from Europe, Traveler's Checks are not acceptable as a form of deposit and cash deposit must be in U.S currency. The following minimum cash deposits are recommended:

• 2 - 4 day cruise: $100 USD per person
    • 5 - 8 day cruise: $200 USD per person
    • 9 days or longer: $350 USD per person

Those are suggestions. We always use a cash account. We also buy gift cards. We put down $250 to start with them put our gift cards on. Have never been ask for $400 for the 2 of us.

Same here , we always use cash. Only one port demanded the full deposit amount requested and that was Miami years back.

If we have pre purchased Cruise Cash, would that be considered the same as having put on a cash deposit? In other words, we will not have to put anything extra on our account? I would assume this to be the case, but just want to confirm. We've always just used our credit card, but some first time cruisers coming with us want to do this.

On our cruise in Jan there were 5 of us. We used $400 in gift cards and had a $50 OBC, that was all we had on our account the entire week and there was never any hold put on our credit card. We ended up cashing out $10 at the end of the cruise and actually had a hard time spending all the money on our account, the majority went to pictures.