Cheers

2xsin12mths

So I bit the bullet and signed up for Cheers on my upcoming Sunshine Cruise. I did it for several reasons.....it is not a port heavy cruise so we will be on the ship more than usual......my husband and I always wondered if it would be worth it and will we drink that much more? The fact that they fine tuned it to include soda and speciality (good) coffee swayed us.

My question is I want to keep track and verify if it was worth $919.08 for an 8 day cruise. When you get your print out at the end of the cruise does it have every time you used your S&S card? Does it have 0.00 beside the drinks? Or do I need to keep track myself (which would be a pain).

Thanks.

Our receipt the last night on Sunshine this past March only had the bar listed with $0.00 next to it. I wanted to do the same thing so I created a note on my phone and would add each drink and price to it as waited for the bartenders to make it. On an 8 day cruise my wife and i did not break even. By the middle of the week we were both sick of fruity boat drinks. We also got water, sodas, coffees, milkshakes and floats. Ended up about $175 short.

Great...thanks for all these good answers. I'm going to keep track on my phone. I too think we will not break even but my hubby wants to try. Could go either way......love the idea of trying new drinks on occasion vs my husband getting too drunk because he wants to prove that it's the better deal:rolleyes: Of course we both always upgrade to Grey Goose at Alchemy so we will see!

Also note even if you keep your receipts they will not show the 15% that you've also already paid, so add that to truly add up the cost of every drink. I was irritated when I heard a waiter though telling a non-cheers passenger that they don't get tips from cheers passengers @@.

We broke even on our most recent Sunshine cruise and we were never blitzed and I don't drink sodas or such but with beers, wines, and vodka drinks and finding the $17 shots of grey goose vx lol, we broke even. I loved just not worrying about it at the end of the cruise and enjoying when we wanted - some days a bit more than others but as I said, never to a point of excess. It just isn't too hard to do if you have a couple by the pool, one or two with dinner and then more throughout the evening at shows/piano bar. And if you like piano bars, Eden on the Sunshine is awesome, he puts on great shows!

Nice spreedsheet. Maybe should have added the specialty coffees and milkshakes and other drinks since they are included with the package. It's not hard to break even with cheers specially with all the other drinks included. I have noticed most only look at the alcoholic drinks. But if you factor in all the other drinks then most would see it's a good deal. Just the soda package is $6.50 and only includes Soda. Then factor in the other drinks you are able to get. Some only care about the alcoholic drinks. We looked at the whole package and it makes it worth it looking at it that way.

Nice spreedsheet. Maybe should have added the specialty coffees and milkshakes and other drinks since they are included with the package. It's not hard to break even with cheers specially with all the other drinks included. I have noticed most only look at the alcoholic drinks. But if you factor in all the other drinks then most would see it's a good deal. Just the soda package is $6.50 and only includes Soda. Then factor in the other drinks you are able to get. Some only care about the alcoholic drinks. We looked at the whole package and it makes it worth it looking at it that way.

We are thrilled about the whole package, not just the loaded drinks. I wouldn't spend the money on a Virgin Drink before but I will now. I love Bloody Mary's but don't need three with Vodka in them :)

So I bit the bullet and signed up for Cheers on my upcoming Sunshine Cruise. I did it for several reasons.....it is not a port heavy cruise so we will be on the ship more than usual......my husband and I always wondered if it would be worth it and will we drink that much more? The fact that they fine tuned it to include soda and speciality (good) coffee swayed us.

My question is I want to keep track and verify if it was worth $919.08 for an 8 day cruise. When you get your print out at the end of the cruise does it have every time you used your S&S card? Does it have 0.00 beside the drinks? Or do I need to keep track myself (which would be a pain).

Thanks.

I'm actually going on this cruise in Feb 2018 and was considering it as well. Wow, it's $459.54 per person, I'm assuming that's after gratuities?

We had Cheers last week while on the Pride. I agree, we looked at it as a whole - I got some lattes (which I don't normally spend the $ on at home), he had a couple of Cokes every day, we tended to get a large bottle of San Pellegrino at dinner and I had some glasses of seltzer when I didn't want a soda or anything alcoholic, bottles of water, etc. My fiance tracked everything on his phone, and when you add in the 15% gratuity that you don't see on the receipts, he said we definitely came out ahead.

Oh, and if you use the HUB app, you can see what bar & drink you had there.

Thanks.

OP - Would you mind checking to see if non-Steakhouse customers can have a drink at the Steakhouse bar while you cruise the Sunshine? We would love to try some $45 glasses of wine at that bar to get a good value for this cost!

Also please can someone answer this question which I'm sure has been asked a million times - does the 15 drink max include soda too or is alcohol the only drink that's counted? Thank oyou!

OP - Would you mind checking to see if non-Steakhouse customers can have a drink at the Steakhouse bar while you cruise the Sunshine? We would love to try some $45 glasses of wine at that bar to get a good value for this cost!

Also please can someone answer this question which I'm sure has been asked a million times - does the 15 drink max include soda too or is alcohol the only drink that's counted? Thank oyou!

15 alcoholic drinks. Unlimited for everything else

Great...thanks for all these good answers. I'm going to keep track on my phone. I too think we will not break even but my hubby wants to try. Could go either way......love the idea of trying new drinks on occasion vs my husband getting too drunk because he wants to prove that it's the better deal:rolleyes: Of course we both always upgrade to Grey Goose at Alchemy so we will see!

I keep track of mine on my phone. Just have a little notepad document I put in the actual price of the drink each time I order one. Helps me keep track of how many drinks I've had and if I want I can check to see if I broke even. Usually port days cut it close but sea days more than make up for it. :beer-toast:

the 15 max is only for the alcohol :-)

its old you can add to it and resave it... Good luck

Do it every cruise that has a steak house.... Best bar on the ship

I'm going to miss the drink package on my July cruise on the Imagination! The wife will only have 3-4 drinks a day and due to the fact that both in the cabin have to purchase the package, it would not be worth it. I wish that Carnival had the same policy as Royal and allowed just one person in the cabin to purchase the drink package. I think that Carnival's drinks are less expensive than Royal's, so that is another factor that it wouldn't be worth it to get the package. From what I can gather drinks at the Alchemy Bar are 10.95. I was recently on the Allure OTS and martini's were generally $13, which is the limit for the Royal drink package. I didn't know that Carnival has a $50 limit! Hmmmm.....