Recommended car service Barcelona cruise terminal to BCN

No. Most large commercial ships go to Port Vell (Old Port) but not all. Then, there, there are a number of wharfs and piers, not close to each other, so depending where yours does dock, the answer to your question varies dramatically... from less than 15 minutes on foot -from the Columbus Statue- to an hour and more if your ship docks on the far end of the port.

As per RJ2002 link, while can be taken as a "guide", I wouldn't trust it blindly as that particular site is known for containing obsolete (and sometimes inaccurate) information. I would go to the horse's mouth, the website from the Port Authority here: http://www.portdebarcelona.cat/en/web/port-del-ciudada/consulta-cruceros

Then, these are the different wharfs of this particular port: http://www.portdebarcelona.cat/en/web/port-del-ciudada/espacios and here a general map http://www.portdebarcelona.cat/en/web/el-port/mapa-guia If you look at the last map (at the bottom), I would say you ship will probably dock at either terminal A, B, C or D... but again, that's just my guessing.

Edited by EnricM

• 5 months later...
When there are boats, there are taxis :)

This is not to say the rank will necessarily be full at that hour, but since at any given time there are literally thousands of taxis roaming the city, they'll soon enough flock into the pier "if" there's demand for them. Most taxi drivers are associated to one of the many taxi associations in the city, and they are in constant radio contact with each other; if one picks up customers and sees a waiting line, he'll radio for other taxis to come soon enough.

Our ship docks at 6AM September 11, 2018 in Barcelona and we have a flight out at 10:30am. I am planning to leave the ship by 7:30 and take a taxi to the airport. Since the 11th is a National Holiday, do you think the number of taxis will be affected?

Our ship docks at 6AM September 11, 2018 in Barcelona and we have a flight out at 10:30am. I am planning to leave the ship by 7:30 and take a taxi to the airport. Since the 11th is a National Holiday, do you think the number of taxis will be affected?

In your position I would try and leave the ship as early as possible. I have disembarked several times at 6:45 am and there have been no queues (except one time when there was a queue of passengers from US waiting to embark). They were not queuing for taxis though.

We have made things really easy by having our breakfast in our room - yoghurt and juice brought down by us the previous day. We then self disembarked. The place was deserted and we had no difficulty getting a taxi and catching our train from the central station at 8:30 am. So you have a lighter breakfast but better to catch your flight than end your trip stressed. The alternative is to go to the buffet before 6 am and still self disembark. If you are off the ship by 7 am taxis will be plentiful, the later you leave it the more folk will be wanting transport.

In your position I would try and leave the ship as early as possible. I have disembarked several times at 6:45 am and there have been no queues (except one time when there was a queue of passengers from US waiting to embark). They were not queuing for taxis though.

We have made things really easy by having our breakfast in our room - yoghurt and juice brought down by us the previous day. We then self disembarked. The place was deserted and we had no difficulty getting a taxi and catching our train from the central station at 8:30 am. So you have a lighter breakfast but better to catch your flight than end your trip stressed. The alternative is to go to the buffet before 6 am and still self disembark. If you are off the ship by 7 am taxis will be plentiful, the later you leave it the more folk will be wanting transport.

Thank you. We will leave early and just for peace of mind since 9/11 is a big holiday there, I booked a car service too.