NCL Sun Cabin 9276

duckfans13

#12 report.gif

post_old.gif August 15th, 2005, 10:38 AM

image.php?u=66343&dateline=1101089190mrtractor user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_4464831", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifHouse Atreides, you have made.....

......a perfect choice. We stayed in 9076 for a Western Caribbean in 2002. It was absolutely fantastic. The balcony is HUGE. In fact we had a party in our suite for around 20 people and never had a problem. Here is a description of the cabin from my review of the ship......

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cabin-We had seen the 360 degree tours on the internet and knew pretty much what to expect. It did not disappoint us and the pictures only did it partial justice. This is possibly the best on the ship. Not the largest or the fanciest I suppose compared to the owners suite, but considering the amenities, services, size and especially location, it was the favorite of all who surveyed it. IMHO, there is no better location on the ship than one of the aft penthouses between passenger decks. They are not only huge, but have all sorts of cool stuff in them. We hooked my laptop up to the surround sound stereo system in the living room and had continuous music playing from my MP3 library. The balcony - scratch that - the veranda, was truly that - a veranda. I was about 8 feet deep and 20+ long. It wrapped around what seemed like about a third of the width of the ship. The veranda floor was made up of the same blue decking material you find on the upper sun decks. Teak would have been nicer, but the effect was like a cool blue pool of Caribbean water. Really very soothing and it dried instantly. It had two full sized deck chairs, two full sized lounges and a table, but could have easily accommodated more. It would be perfect for our Champagne Sailaway Gala. Just close your eyes and imagine Grand Cayman fading gently off in the distance as the sun goes down over the Caribbean. That’s what I was doing the moment I stepped out and put my hands on the teak railing. When I opened my eyes, I was in Miami and the adventure was beginning.

”Let’s see the rest of this place” I turned to say to my wife Barb. She was gone. I heard a sound somewhere between a sigh and a scream. She had found the bathroom. The bath and dressing area was bigger than the last stateroom we stayed in! “What no hot tub?” she joked. When she pulled back the curtain to the whirlpool tub, she almost cried. The whirlpool tub was big enough for a family of four (although two seemed to fit perfectly! HA!). A separate shower, separate commode, 5 foot long marble top sink, separate dressing area with vanity and phone, more storage than you could ever use on a 14 day cruise, individual zoned heat and A/C and computerized combination safe. The living room was separated from the bedroom by two frosted French doors to allow access for the butler or room service and provide complete privacy. It had a fridge, plenty of extra glassware, a large sofa, two chairs, a large high coffee table that we used for dining and serving. There was a wall unit that included a desk, the menus from every restaurant on the ship for room service, a 25 “TV and entertainment center with DVD. The surround sound speakers were mounted around the room to an amazing effect. One large sliding door was in each of the two rooms adjoining the veranda and gave the entire suite a warm and airy feel. It was more cabin than two people could use. The bedroom had a king size bed and another TV (who cares since we never turned either one on!) and a complete gentleman’s wardrobe that was twice the area I needed to store my things. Everything worked, even the refrigerator. The only thing that bothered me was an occasional unpleasant odor from the commode room. (Usually I blame this on the dog, but he wasn’t around).

Later that week, we met the couple that was staying in the Owner’s Suite at the Captain’s reception. They wished they had their cabin in our location! They much preferred the stern location. Also, our room was between passenger decks while theirs was directly under the Observation Lounge where dancing and music was played until very late. I could go on about this cabin, just allow me to say……………

Heeyouuuuuweeee! GolDANGit that was a great cabin!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!

MrTractor<--------hopes he can get that cabin if he ever sails the Sun again.........

Next Adventure Begins November 6th on the Norwegian Jewel!!!

I know there are photos somewhere too but I forgot where I found them. Just go to search and enter your cabin # or 9076 (they are both the same, just on different sides of the ship).

Hope this helps. I cannot WAIT to sail!

Mary

Thanks for the reply and all the info. That was better than I had hoped for. We are very excited about this trip. Hopefully weather will cooperate and we will be able to completely enjoy our balcony. We sail one week from Sunday. Can't wait.

Archived