Gym on Pearl

redbaron70

Does anyone know if there is an ergometer in the gym on the Pearl? Also, what is the minimum age for use of the gym? My 15-year-old is on his school's crew team and is expected to work out during our vacation, so I'm wondering if that will be possible. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if there is an ergometer in the gym on the Pearl? Also, what is the minimum age for use of the gym? My 15-year-old is on his school's crew team and is expected to work out during our vacation, so I'm wondering if that will be possible. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know the minimum age but yes there are 2 or 3 rowing machines that I walked by. They looked really nice too, better than the Concept at my gym.

OP: with the caveat that we haven't sailed on the Pearl, one thing to know about ergs on cruise ships from our experience is that they are badly maintained. You may find that the chain has never been oiled, for example, or that the batteries in the monitor have died. (My wife brought her own chain oil on one cruise!) The staff seem to be clueless about this equipment. (YMMV, and I hope it does!)

Have a great cruise!

There were 2 on the Pearl and Gem.

I will say that on the Pearl they didn't seem greased properly so the chain tugged quite a bit. But maybe with the refurbishment they fixed them? Or maybe you could ask them to clean it up?

Either way, it's better than nothing!

There were 2 on the Pearl and Gem.

I will say that on the Pearl they didn't seem greased properly so the chain tugged quite a bit. But maybe with the refurbishment they fixed them? Or maybe you could ask them to clean it up?

Either way, it's better than nothing!

Good luck! On another ship, my wife spoke to a fitness center staffer about just such an issue with the ergs, and he gave her a "not my job" attitude thing. (I would have gone to Guest Services at that point, but that's me.)