Drinks package discounts

I am cruising Dec 2017 and the prices are at 20% discount for deluxe drinks. Will I be likely to see a 30% discount? Will it go up to full price? Should I lock it in now? If I do can I do a price change if it goes to 30%?

I know nothing is guaranteed but I'm sure many of you have some experience. This is my first RCCL cruise

Thx!

I am cruising Dec 2017 and the prices are at 20% discount for deluxe drinks. Will I be likely to see a 30% discount? Will it go up to full price? Should I lock it in now? If I do can I do a price change if it goes to 30%?

I know nothing is guaranteed but I'm sure many of you have some experience. This is my first RCCL cruise

Thx!

Get it now. If you see a better price later you can cancel and repurchase at the better price. Keep checking.

Leo is 100% right. Your deals are refundable/changeable up to 2 days prior to departure. I had read on cruise critic that you can get the same or better deals on board. This was not true, we were asked to pay full price on board. We had also bought one of our drink packages online prior to the cruise. We got a combined internet and drink package for $1 a day more than the discounted (20% off) drink package alone. If you see this offer, buy it! It is the best deal. But most of all, buy prior to the cruise, you will not see a better deal on board. Plus, now you can use your on board credit ahead of time, so no need to wait until onboard.

Plus, if they do offer a discount on board, the starting price might be higher then it is now. We waited, because we could get 30% off on board, due to crown and anchor status, but that percentage came off of a higher per day price. It was $55.00 per day, before the cruise, and $61.00 per day, on board the ship. Buy now and change it if the price drops further, as the above poster said.

Buy it at the 20% off now. It probably won't go to 30%. I have tracked discount prices on our past Oasis and Allure and upcoming Oasis cruises. The only time I saw it go to 30% was when they combined everything into the Deluxe and raised the overall price. That lasted for a few months and I haven't seen it since. Maybe someone has, but I haven't on any of mine.

I have seen the bottom line price go up $2 per day and still show as a 20% discount from on board prices. I am guessing they raised the on board price. When we sailed Allure in November the on board price was $56 and we had paid $44.

Our package on the Allure was grandfathered into the Deluxe as we had bought the Ultimate before the change. When they offered the 30% off sale, on the Deluxe, I did the math and it wasn't worth the trouble to cancel and re-purchase.

• 3 months later...

Hi I would also like to know where/when the discounts are advertised but also when do pay if you pre-book a package, is it just added to your account and paid at the end of your cruise ? Thanks

I'm travelling on The Mariner of the Seas in February 2018 and wondered whether there was a specific window when 20/30% discounts on drink packages were offered

No, there is not. Totally unpredictable. May or may not happen. Just check your Cruise Planner often, like every day. You should also join your Roll Call because you can usually count on someone on the Roll Call to be watching, and alert everyone else.

Hi I would also like to know where/when the discounts are advertised but also when do pay if you pre-book a package, is it just added to your account and paid at the end of your cruise ? Thanks

You pay when you purchase.