Next Cruise booking change to Celebrity?

While on Navigator a few weeks ago we booked a cruise on Serenade for next April. Now that I have looked more closely, we might like to switch to Celebrity for one cruise. I think the lady at the Next Cruise desk said she could book Celebrity or Royal when I talked to her. How does this work now? Do I call Royal and ask to be switched to their "sister" cruise line call center and give them the current Royal booking details? Will all the same promos of 30% off and $200 on board credit, and CAS Balc suite discounts be transferred to Celebrity? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh boy, so no $200 for C&A discount. What about the 30% off prices and $200 OBC?

Who do I call? Royal or Celebrity to make the switch?

I'd call Celebrity.

Celebrity does not have balcony discounts. The 30% off is a Royal promo, and you don't get Royal promos when you book Celebrity cruises. You get Celebrity promos when you book Celebrity cruises. I don't keep track of Celebrity cruises, but they may have their own set of fake sales.

Most likely you will get 2 perks with Celebrity, most choose drink package and $300 OBC plus you will keep your OBC from the booking on board (not the RCCL promo OBC) unless you are choosing a sailing that is less days and would have been a lower obc to begin with.

Like Bob said, you get what Celebrity is offering, just go their website and price the cruise out you are looking at, again probably with 2 perks. The obc you received for booking on board will stay.

I was told by my TA that the booking I made onboard last year that I want to "reassign" cannot be moved over to Celebrity...she said while anyone can book a Celebrity or Azamara cruise while on a RC cruise, you can't later transfer a Royal booking to Celebrity...is that not correct?

Most likely you will get 2 perks with Celebrity, most choose drink package and $300 OBC plus you will keep your OBC from the booking on board (not the RCCL promo OBC) unless you are choosing a sailing that is less days and would have been a lower obc to begin with.

Like Bob said, you get what Celebrity is offering, just go their website and price the cruise out you are looking at, again probably with 2 perks. The obc you received for booking on board will stay.

Just to be clear, future booking perk for Celebrity is OBC only. The other perks they offer are included in the price, you are paying for them. It took me a while to figure this out!

I was told by my TA that the booking I made onboard last year that I want to "reassign" cannot be moved over to Celebrity...she said while anyone can book a Celebrity or Azamara cruise while on a RC cruise, you can't later transfer a Royal booking to Celebrity...is that not correct?

That is correct. I actually tried to do that today and was told that I could not. I have an Anthem cruise this summer that I had booked while on board. I was going to cancel the cruise because of a conflict but decided to try to book a Celebrity cruise in 2018. I was told that was not possible. I was actually surprised because you can book either Celebrity or Royal while on the other ship. I will either have to decide which Royal cruise or just book the Celebrity cruise and lose the on board benefits.

Whitshel: So do I call Royal first and see if they can do a switch first, or do I just call Celebrity, book something with them, and then cancel and get my deposit back with Royal? Is there any chance that Royal will help my with Celebrity booking? I only ask because the next cruise rep said she could book Celebrity cruise for me when I was there.

That is correct. I actually tried to do that today and was told that I could not. I have an Anthem cruise this summer that I had booked while on board. I was going to cancel the cruise because of a conflict but decided to try to book a Celebrity cruise in 2018. I was told that was not possible. I was actually surprised because you can book either Celebrity or Royal while on the other ship. I will either have to decide which Royal cruise or just book the Celebrity cruise and lose the on board benefits.

Thanks for confirming that.