Princess Cruises' Brand New Majestic Princess to be Based in Sydney, Australia

LauraS

NZ cruises are popular with both Aussies and Kiwis, and also for international visitors to our part of the world. It's a great way to see some of the highlights of NZ, especially the magnificent sounds in Fiordland. Some of the one way itineraries have stops in Hobart and Melbourne so are true Aus/NZ cruises.

Yes, it is often cooler in NZ, especially down the lower part of the South Island.

Majestic is well suited to the NZ itineraries. She has a covered pool, and a completely glassed in Conservatory forward which should be great for viewing sailaways on cool evenings. Also the ship can dock at most of the NZ ports. I personally believe ships of the size of Majestic aren't ideal for many of the South Pacific ports, especially the smaller island ones that required tenders.

Thanks for sharing your experiences & we greatly enjoyed our cruise from Sydney to LA and exploring NZ by ship was a great introduction to NZ.

We only had to fly to SYD and to drive home from LA but we hope to someday return to experience NZ in more detail during an extensive land tour.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Glad that the information was useful although if they open bookings on 4/27 at 1600 PDT (Princess's HQ time zone) that's 0900 on the 28th in Sydney so you may have to impatiently wait until then. ;)

THANK YOU for the information about the time zones, I probably would have been caught out with the different time zones! I'll check with the TA on Thursday-my fortnightly shopping day-she'd know better than I do about when the bookings open in Australia.

Once I have a confirmed Booking number, I can log in to my Personaliser and verify the AUD$/USD$ conversion rate, and work out how much per spending item I need to allow. Some items such as souvenir mugs, and pens-these are new in Australia but I might have missed them last year, SO much to see!

THANK YOU for the information about the time zones, I probably would have been caught out with the different time zones! I'll check with the TA on Thursday-my fortnightly shopping day-she'd know better than I do about when the bookings open in Australia.

Once I have a confirmed Booking number, I can log in to my Personaliser and verify the AUD$/USD$ conversion rate, and work out how much per spending item I need to allow. Some items such as souvenir mugs, and pens-these are new in Australia but I might have missed them last year, SO much to see!

Hopefully in only a few more days everything works out perfectly for your Majestic cruise plans. :D