Pricing question

I have sailed three times but never really checked prices. Am looking at booking again and was studying prices a little more thorough. Can someone explain how it works. Here is what I seen on a mock booking:

When I select my room for my cruise, room price shows $949 for balcony on Freedom OTS on June 3, 2018. When I go to next page to select room type, choose ocean view and the price goes to $989. After selecting room type, deck location, and then specific room, go to summary page and the room is then $1627. Can someone please explain this? Thanks.

very first price you come across is usually the guarantee price, which is cheapest. i just ran into this with what i thought would be cheap bermuda insides. it was 599 on 1st page then i think 7 something on next page and that turns into about 1700 or 1800 total magically with taxes and fees.

also different decks do have difference prices even within the same category.

i think this is the kind of thing you are talking about?

I have sailed three times but never really checked prices. Am looking at booking again and was studying prices a little more thorough. Can someone explain how it works. Here is what I seen on a mock booking:

When I select my room for my cruise, room price shows $949 for balcony on Freedom OTS on June 3, 2018. When I go to next page to select room type, choose ocean view and the price goes to $989. After selecting room type, deck location, and then specific room, go to summary page and the room is then $1627. Can someone please explain this? Thanks.

I'd like to look at this for you, but I don't see a Freedom cruise on June 3, 2018. Do you mean June 2, 2018?

Also, are you selecting any other options like Senior, Residency, Military, etc.?

The website typically quotes the price per person based on double occupancy without port taxes and fees. If you add a 3rd or 4th passenger to the room, the quoted price will be the per person price, based on the total room price divided by the number of passengers in the room. The "sales" they have are clickbait. They just increase or decrease the price of the room to make the sale add up to what they want. Lets say they want to get 1000 per per room and have a 50% off sale. They'll say that the room costs $2000, and quote $500 per person.

There are no sales. If you like the price of the room then book it. Check back occasionally to see if the price has gone down.

I'd like to look at this for you, but I don't see a Freedom cruise on June 3, 2018. Do you mean June 2, 2018?

Also, are you selecting any other options like Senior, Residency, Military, etc.?

Yes sorry, it is the 2nd. No other options...

Yes sorry, it is the 2nd. No other options...

I first see an Ocean View Balcony for $2965, average $988 per person. I can choose forward or aft, and the price remains $2965. When I finally pick the exact stateroom, the price goes to $3136.45 because they added $57.15 per person.