Any helpful tips on the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

akeasley

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at or familiar with the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Plantation. It's 5,000 less points than my usual Spring hill suites in dania beach so I'm thinking of using this hotel for my 2 upcoming cruises. I think I read somewhere there is a target nearby. Can anyone confirm this? Also, will be traveling with my two young children and need some advice on the hotel shuttle. Will I need to bring my car seats or can the hotel provide?

Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at or familiar with the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Plantation. It's 5,000 less points than my usual Spring hill suites in dania beach so I'm thinking of using this hotel for my 2 upcoming cruises. I think I read somewhere there is a target nearby. Can anyone confirm this? Also, will be traveling with my two young children and need some advice on the hotel shuttle. Will I need to bring my car seats or can the hotel provide?

Thanks!

Hi, I stayed there a last Feb and have it reserved again in 3 weeks for pre-cruise stays. Love the hotel and the location. Lots of restaurants and stores for last min shopping. Yes there is a Target as well as a mall just north, the Target is about half a mile away. There is a Kohl's just on the other side of the parking lot of the hotel. The hotel has a free shuttle to/from FLL airport and local businesses but ends at 6pm. Also it has a small cafe that sells food and drinks, no free breakfasts. They have a 3rd party shuttle company that you can sign up for while checking in to take you to Port Everglades cruise port. I forget the cost.

From their website: for your convenience, reserve our shuttle between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM for service to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and our local businesses.

I'm a single traveler so not sure about the car seats, I'm guessing they don't provide those though.

Hi, I stayed there a last Feb and have it reserved again in 3 weeks for pre-cruise stays. Love the hotel and the location. Lots of restaurants and stores for last min shopping. Yes there is a Target as well as a mall just north, the Target is about half a mile away. There is a Kohl's just on the other side of the parking lot of the hotel. The hotel has a free shuttle to/from FLL airport and local businesses but ends at 6pm. Also it has a small cafe that sells food and drinks, no free breakfasts. They have a 3rd party shuttle company that you can sign up for while checking in to take you to Port Everglades cruise port. I forget the cost.

From their website: for your convenience, reserve our shuttle between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM for service to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and our local businesses.

I'm a single traveler so not sure about the car seats, I'm guessing they don't provide those though.

Thank you so much for the info!!

Yes, that's the address.

Yes we stayed there last November. I would say no to the car seats, you have to bring your own. You can conveniently walk to, if you have little ones, you will need a stroller or two, to what the other posters said. We enjoyed the property and area, and would stay there again.

But as a hint. When you exit baggage claim, you will have a distance to go, with strollers, car seats, luggage, you will go right walk towards the next terminal looking for a hotel shuttle sign, you will see a couple of benches, when you call for the shuttle it will be at least 15 min before they get to you. Be sure to wear something or have something in an unusual color for the driver to spot you. Find a brightly colored scarf and wear it around your neck that works for me.