Cruising Australia/Asia

We are new to Royal Caribbean with our upcoming Oasis cruise being our first.

I was looking at possible cruises for next year but are limited by dates and must cruise late June/early July. As we are in Australia we wanted to cut costs by cruising relatively locally.

I see there is nothing on offer for this time period departing Australia or Asia. Is it too early or is it typical that Royal don't offer these itineraries at this time of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are new to Royal Caribbean with our upcoming Oasis cruise being our first.

I was looking at possible cruises for next year but are limited by dates and must cruise late June/early July. As we are in Australia we wanted to cut costs by cruising relatively locally.

I see there is nothing on offer for this time period departing Australia or Asia. Is it too early or is it typical that Royal don't offer these itineraries at this time of the year?

We are dedicated Celebrity cruisers that have done one cruise in Australia and two in Asia. I expect that the cruise season for Australia doesn't include their Winter (June and July). We have our first RCI cruises out of Sydney next April, including one of NZ and the other a transpacific to Seattle. We did a Singapore to Dubai cruise in March/April on Celebrity and a Japan and China cruise in October/Nov. Both were great.

Here are my reviews

Japan and a little bit of China

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Singapore to Dubai

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

Australia

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=216863

Definitely no RCI cruises in our Australian winter. Mores the shame as the seas are often much calmer, and the weather quite mild in the northern regions. I know a lot of us locals would love RCI to base at least one ship permanently in Australia and offer winter cruises.

Thanks everyone. I'd be happy to cruise out of Asia if I could. It's just so expensive to travel to the USA to cruise and Europe is even more expensive. It is strange. The weather is so nice in our north at that time of the year and it's still hot in Asia.

We are dedicated Celebrity cruisers that have done one cruise in Australia and two in Asia. I expect that the cruise season for Australia doesn't include their Winter (June and July). We have our first RCI cruises out of Sydney next April, including one of NZ and the other a transpacific to Seattle. We did a Singapore to Dubai cruise in March/April on Celebrity and a Japan and China cruise in October/Nov. Both were great.

Here are my reviews

Japan and a little bit of China

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Singapore to Dubai

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

Australia

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=216863

I love the idea of Singapore to Dubai. I'll sit down with a coffee later and read your reviews.

The 2018 Asia cruises come out sometime this month. Mariner and Ovation usually sail out of there, check for your dates this year for an idea of what itineraries will be offered.

2018 Asian cruises out already. Ovation 4 months in AU/NZ . Only 1 cruise in SG April 9 2018 and I have book this already.

2018 Asian cruises out already. Ovation 4 months in AU/NZ . Only 1 cruise in SG April 9 2018 and I have book this already.

What a shame. We just can't get away at that time of the year. Looks like we'll have to look at someone else.

2018 Asia cruises are only out up to April. Voyager, Mariner and Quantam who are all doing Asia this coming Aussie winter are not showing anywhere for winter 2018. So I assume they will be released later as they were for this year.

At the time of year you wish to cruise Voyager, Ovation, Quantum, and I think Mariner will all be in Asia. Quantum sails generally on short 4,5,6 day cruises out of Shanghai and Ovation will do similar from Tianjin (Beijing). These are normally quite expensive and the on board product is gear towards the local market which makes up the majority of passengers. That is fine by us but others have reported not enjoying the cruise because things are not the same (food, entertainment, passenger manners in particular) as they are in western countries. Cruises are to Korea, Japan, Taiwan etc.

Voyager will probably do longer (8-10 days) itineraries out of Hong Kong and Singapore visiting Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam etc. The on board product on Voyager will be more closely aligned to what people experience on local or US cruises.

Celebrity Millennium also does longer cruises in Asia. Similar product to Royal Caribbean and longer cruises visiting more places.

You can get local P&O and Carnival cruises out of Sydney during winter I believe.

At the time of year you wish to cruise Voyager, Ovation, Quantum, and I think Mariner will all be in Asia. Quantum sails generally on short 4,5,6 day cruises out of Shanghai and Ovation will do similar from Tianjin (Beijing). These are normally quite expensive and the on board product is gear towards the local market which makes up the majority of passengers. That is fine by us but others have reported not enjoying the cruise because things are not the same (food, entertainment, passenger manners in particular) as they are in western countries. Cruises are to Korea, Japan, Taiwan etc.

Voyager will probably do longer (8-10 days) itineraries out of Hong Kong and Singapore visiting Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam etc. The on board product on Voyager will be more closely aligned to what people experience on local or US cruises.

Celebrity Millennium also does longer cruises in Asia. Similar product to Royal Caribbean and longer cruises visiting more places.

You can get local P&O and Carnival cruises out of Sydney during winter I believe.

Thanks. Looks like there is hope then. We're definitely interested in something itineraries like the Voyager.