Independence of the seas 13th April Live Report

I realise I haven't put much on for the last few days which has been due to the inability to upload photos and just text isn't he most exciting.

However, during the last few sea days there has been various shows in the daytime and evening and also the theatre has been used to screen films. We watched Star Wars Rogue One a couple of days ago but the film yesterday was cancelled due to technical issues.

Despite being a few days into the crossing, the weather has remained warm and ok for sunbathing on the decks. Today was more overcast but still warmer than I had expected.

The second formal night was a couple of days ago of which a good menu was offered, which will be uploaded when possible, although as with European sailings no lobster tails were on the menu.

On an evening we have generally watched the shows and then gone to one of the various bars where there is always live music.

Tonight's show is a vocal duet and after that the Quest game show is on in Studio B which we are looking forward to seeing.

Last night the Quest was fairly tame, it was scheduled in Studio B although when we got there it had been relocated to the Pyramid lounge so it was very full in there. The relocation was due to them being unable to put the floor down in Studio B.

The show was a lot more tame then I had expected, possibly because there was a lot of children in the audience. When we have seen go fetch played at hotels we have been to, they have generally been more risqué.

It was a good fun show though to watch.

Today the weather has turned and it is no longer sunbathing weather and the clouds and rain have come in.

The captain has made an announcement that we will be diverting to the Azores which we are around 150 miles from with an expected arrival time of around 1am so a passenger with a medical emergency can be offloaded.

Apologies for the lack of updates, the internet has remained poor, so I've been unable to upload any pictures, menus etc. Once I get home I will upload the remainder of the menus and cruise compasses etc. online.

Tonight is our final night onboard. The last 2 weeks have been fantastic with the food and service being generally excellent.

Over the last few days we have used the opportunity to sleep a lot, which we never get chance to do at home. We have seen a few of the various shows, some better than others and watched the live music on an evening in the various venues which have been good.

Out of the 15 nights we have eaten in the MDR for 12 and the other 3 in the speciality restaurants. There was no repetition of the menus and these varied each night. Last night was the final formal night where giant shrimp and lobster tails were on the menu.

Today we had a nice surprise with a bottle of champagne delivered to our cabin. We have no idea why, it just came with a card saying hope you enjoyed your holiday and it was from guest services. The family we are travelling with didn't get one so we have no idea why, but it was a nice thing to receive.

Today is also the ships 11th birthday so there is going to be another party on the Promenade this evening, so will probably stay out for that.

• 2 weeks later...