Carnival Magic Coast Guard Medevac 040717

Nocman_2

we've witnessed this twice from an aft balcony. It is quite an orchestrated event, loud, windy, and right over our heads. On the Miracle they approached from the aft-port side of the ship.

Both times a large CG transport type aircraft was on scene about 15 minutes before the helicopter appeared. They continually circled the Miracle for the full operation and then left.

I remember on one of the medivacs the captain had to turn around and head north to meet the CG. I don't think he slowed down to make the turn, the boat was really tipping for a few minutes.

In both events the captain said the passenger reached the medical attention needed and were doing fine.

Very well trained men and women in our military. Thanks and hats off to you!

we've witnessed this twice from an aft balcony. It is quite an orchestrated event, loud, windy, and right over our heads. On the Miracle they approached from the aft-port side of the ship.

Both times a large CG transport type aircraft was on scene about 15 minutes before the helicopter appeared. They continually circled the Miracle for the full operation and then left.

I remember on one of the medivacs the captain had to turn around and head north to meet the CG. I don't think he slowed down to make the turn, the boat was really tipping for a few minutes.

In both events the captain said the passenger reached the medical attention needed and were doing fine.

Very well trained men and women in our military. Thanks and hats off to you!

Just a side note: I sent the video to the CG on their Facebook page hopeing they could get it to the team that worked the emergency. I agree great bunch of men and women!

Saw this done while on the vista off the coast of Spain. Amazing work by all. Synchronizing ship speed with helicopter, medical personnel lowered and all raised on board the helicopter again. Thankfully we have persons that dedicate their lives for the greater good.

Wow. I have never seen 2 people being evacuated at once. Wonder what happened?

I received a message from the niece of the person that needed medical attetion. The first person was the ships nurse, the second was the patient. Good news...she reported her Aunt is doing fine now. (y)

I'm glad to hear she's doing well. We were on an elevator with a few people that had contact with the woman the night before the she was taken off the ship.

It was the first time I'd seen a Medevac on a ship in person and I have to say it was really something to watch. It was very windy on the top deck and they made it look so effortless.

I'm glad to hear she's doing well. We were on an elevator with a few people that had contact with the woman the night before the she was taken off the ship.

It was the first time I'd seen a Medevac on a ship in person and I have to say it was really something to watch. It was very windy on the top deck and they made it look so effortless.

It was windy and the ship was rocking. I could have used the editing software to steady the video, but thought it would be better to see the skill it took to handle the ship listing back and forth.

Thanks for this, we were on this cruise, when the announcement came over the PA system we all stopped and said a little prayer.

I also wondered if anyone listened when they were asked to stay off the decks so the patient could get off the ship without any issues.

Seems like a lot of people watching all this go down.

Thankful they are doing well now. Scary stuff

Thanks for this, we were on this cruise, when the announcement came over the PA system we all stopped and said a little prayer.

I also wondered if anyone listened when they were asked to stay off the decks so the patient could get off the ship without any issues.

Seems like a lot of people watching all this go down.

Thankful they are doing well now. Scary stuff

No problem, They did have most of the top deck blocked off (mid ship to the back).