Liberty vs. Oasis

Never been on Liberty, but I think everyone should experience one of the "BIG" girls, at least once. Such an experience. So much to do. We really loved our Oasis cruise!

Let us know what you decide. Good Luck!!!

Thanks again to all the replies, there has been a ton of great info thrown around, I hope it will help others make informed decisions.

As for San Juan... I did consider sailing out of there briefly, but many of those cruises were more port intensive. Might try that in the future on a Celebrity ship. We will see how we like it for a day this time.

So... (drumroll).... I just got off the phone from booking the Harmony, and we are very excited about it! I know any of these cruises would be awesome for us, but the Harmony seemed like the best fit. However, being from Nebraska I wouldn't mind some country music options, even on a cruise ship 😉.

Also, it's kind of funny that neither ship in the title of this thread was actually chosen. I guess that's how it works sometimes!

Thanks again,

Ray

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Excellent choice. I think you made the best decision out of the three possibilities.

Try Liberty out of Galveston when the price is substantially less than Oasis/Harmony.

For a relatively new cruiser, I'd go Liberty. Oasis class can be overwhelming and if you start with the biggest moving down later could be a disappointment. Freedom class ships are my favorite. You'll have a better experience with the crew...it's hard to get to know them on the bigger ships. There's plenty to do on Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No brainer for us. We would go Oasis all the way for many reasons, but mostly because of the ports. Roatan is not a place I would ever want to visit due to crime and safety. Besides, you can't go wrong with an Oasis class ship and all it has to offer.

Not sure about your crime and safety problem in Roatan. We were last there in 2015. While mainland Honduras has a terrible crime problem, it doesn't extend to the island. If you look hard enough on these forums, you will find someone who says the crime is horrible at any port. We loved Roatan both times we were there and loved our stop in Costa Maya although it was far enough back that the place has changed so much. When we were there the only thing that separated the road from the beach (in Majahual, not the port area) was the road was packed sand.

For me, it would take a lot to get me on an Oasis class ship. I like to feel like I'm at sea and want to be able to see the sea. The Freedom class is larger than I like. Even the Voyager class is pushing the size limit for me. Yes, from my signature you can see I'm going on a Freedom class (just got bumped from Freedom to Indy due to a charter) but I picked it for the itinerary not for the ship.

Not sure about your crime and safety problem in Roatan. We were last there in 2015. While mainland Honduras has a terrible crime problem, it doesn't extend to the island. If you look hard enough on these forums, you will find someone who says the crime is horrible at any port. We loved Roatan both times we were there and loved our stop in Costa Maya although it was far enough back that the place has changed so much. When we were there the only thing that separated the road from the beach (in Majahual, not the port area) was the road was packed sand.

For me, it would take a lot to get me on an Oasis class ship. I like to feel like I'm at sea and want to be able to see the sea. The Freedom class is larger than I like. Even the Voyager class is pushing the size limit for me. Yes, from my signature you can see I'm going on a Freedom class (just got bumped from Freedom to Indy due to a charter) but I picked it for the itinerary not for the ship.

Im glad you had a good time, but the crime rate is very high. I've read of many cases where cruise passengers have been robbed at gun point while on excursions. I also know of a few cases were single women who were traveling were raped and beaten and left for dead. Thankfully some other cruise passenger on another tour came across her and were able to take care of her and get help.

Lynn & Ken

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised Liberty last summer with our kids (6 & 11) ...BUT met several couples on the cruise without their kids! Super fun week, highly recommend! We live in Houston, so we have done all the RC cruises out of Galveston. We are booked on the Oasis this summer. I am anxious to see if we love it or not. I will report back in after our cruise.