I am back and going on the Century!

detroitcruiser

Hi everyone! I know it has been a long time but I just booked kind of a list minute on the century for 12/15. Is anyone here on that cruise? I hear talk that century is being refurbed and it is in not great condition, any truth? I tend to think that ships are not like cars and if well cared for can easily last 15-20 years. I prefer a smaller ship so Century is great for me. I have been on the mercury, any comparisons?

Well it is great to be back on the boards and I hope some of you are on my cruise!

Best,

Detroitcruiser

Previous:

-HAL VEENDAM, 1996

-GRAND PRINCESS, 2002

-CELEBRITY MERCURY, 2003

-CELEBRITY SUMMIT, 2003

Next:

-CELEBRITY CENTURY, 12/15/2005

Take a look at this thread. We all just came of the ship and she looked great

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=253186

Here is another recent thread about her condition

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=254867

I have been on 3 X cruises this year and Century was the ship in the best condition of the three. Millie just came out of drydock and Galaxy doesn't go in until next fall.

Take a look at this thread. We all just came of the ship and she looked great

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=253186

Here is another recent thread about her condition

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=254867

I have been on 3 X cruises this year and Century was the ship in the best condition of the three. Millie just came out of drydock and Galaxy doesn't go in until next fall.

Hey, Rick hope all is going well. I'd have to agree, I'm not sure why so many negative posts about the condition of Century. It seems to me that the majority of those including myself leave this ship can't wait to return. Kathy and I watched the video I shot of the last few days of the cruise as a I bought a camcorder in St. Thomas, it was tough to watch knowing that we're headed for winter here in New England. Oh, ya by the way some good shots of yourself and others dancing by the pool on Carribean night. I was hoping you would know how I could send a photo to someone on ship, our assistant waiter asked for a copy. I'm off to the game today, shortly see ya later.

John

I was hoping you w

Welcome back Detroit!!

There were some fabulous deals on that sailing. Glad you were able to take advantage. Century will be all decked out for the holidays. Thankfully, they do put guide wires on the Xmas trees in the lobby! I've often watched them sway back and forth... Oh my!!

Yes the deal was just great, especially for a 9 day in december! Ocngypz, when was the last time you were on century? How was the condition of the ship?

I know there have been other threads about the condition of the ship but they really dont answer my general question. I am not interested in how an individual furniture item has held up but rather the general "feel" of the ship and if it feels worn or not. The oldest ship I have been on was 6 years old and it looked great to me at the time.

The ship looks good. Yes, she's 10 years old, but I wish I could age so gracefully! Maybe something minor here or there but it's nothing that you would think was just awful! And certainly nothing that would ruin your cruise. The best thing about Century was the crew. They were all absolutely wonderful! There wasn't one crew member that we passed throughout the ship that didn't acknowledge us with a hello and a smile.

Patty

If you had read the threads listed above, there are many posts from people on the Oct 29 sailing stating the ship was in great shape. The service was great. You did not go wrong booking your cruise.

Celebrity does a great job caring for their ships. There is no truth in ther rumors that she is in bad shape. Those posts pop up every now and then, but I have never seen evidence of it being true.

The Drydock is extensive, but it's not because she is in bad shape. It's due to the fact they want her to be able to compete better with the new ships our there. She doesn't have anly balconies or a specialty restaurant. And that is what they are adding. Bu the time they are done, she will be able to compete with the M class ships.

Archived