just back from Britannia

sweby

Had an absolutely fabulous cruise on board Britannia. All staff very attentive. I was with my mother who is not so able bodied, and has dementia, but she loved the experience. Cabin steward Harak was brilliant, and so were dining room staff. Shows by the entertainment team were first class. We had lots of pamper time having hair and nails done in the spa, and all the staff in there were excellent. The only down side was it all had to come to an end! Looking forward to choosing the next cruise.

Sweby

Well done for taking your Mum and coping with the little challenges of dementia - been there and got the tshirt... I'm sure she loved the different stimulation and also the girly pampering together! Hope you have many more holiday opportunities together. Glad you loved Britannia too - were on her in June for the first time. Getting excited!

Pleased you enjoyed your trip it will be my first time on Britannia in June too.

I hear what you are saying Ginb56 I too have been on the same path, my father loved the sea and boats etc. Are you doing the Fjords by any chance Ginb56?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for posting a positive comments about Britannia. I'm on the same cruise as Ginb56 and like her I'm looking forward to our first cruise on this lovely ship.

It's just so lovely that you enjoyed such a special time with your mum. Enjoy every minute you have with her.

I so miss my dad who suffered from vascular dementia and have such poignant memories of the last time he came to see us in London 23 years ago. I cry every time I hear the music from Les Mis which we went to on that visit.

My Mum has vascular dementia and Alzheimer's and is 91 in a few weeks, bless her. She's amazing, been in a great home for 3 years and loves seeing the photos of our cruise and reminiscing about a cruise she did with my late Dad many years ago. One of her favourite toys is an Azura teddy from a few years ago! I think the stimulation of a cruise is great for relatives in early dementia and other people are generally more aware and understanding about the behaviour quirks nowadays. Happy Easter to you all!