Vancouver Hotels?????

Stayed in Vancouver one night prior to Alaskan cruise in June. Booked the Blue Horizon from reviews and forums and was pleasantly surprized. The hotel was beautiful, the room was huge, a wonderful view, cost was reasonable, and location was perfect. Would definitely recommend it.

How long is a piece of string?

If you can be more specific about what and where you want, I'll try to help.

Vancouver is a big city and has many fine hotels of all price ranges.

The Blue Horizon is an older hotel, but from the sounds of it has been updated. It is a 5 minute cab ride from the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal, 10 min from Ballantyne Pier.

Judy: The Blue Horizon was about 10 min cab ride to Ballantyne Pier. We sailed with Royal Carribean. The hotel has been updated and it was immaculate. I paid $150 Canadian for the room. Apparently you could find something cheaper using Priceline or other bidding sites, but I felt better calling them direct and booking myself. In my opinion, it was well worth the money paid for it. The Vancouver trolley also stops right outside the hotel and if you have time to do the trolley tour, it's a great way to see the highlights of the city.

Thanks to the advice on these boards, we used Priceline and got the Hyatt Regency for our pre cruise stay and the Sheraton Wall Centre for our post cruise stay in September. Both were a fraction of the normal price of a room. Both are in the downtown area right in the heart of things.

Hi there,

I live about half an hour south of Vancouver and last month my friend and I went into town for a seminar weekend. We stayed at the Century Plaza - it is right across the street from the Sheraton Wall Centre, but the prices are much better. We paid CAD$99 a night and that is the weekend rate. It was very nice, great service, a nice club, a comedy club, and a fantastic spa. It is very close to all the downtown action, Robson Street, etc., and away from the seedier part of town.

Hope this helps...

julia :)

• 3 months later...

I'm hoping the original posters are still here, we are considering both the Blue Horizon and Century Plaza, just as backup in case we don't get our bid on Priceline accepted (so far, the rejected $90.00), for 6/15-6/18. I was told the Century does not have A/C...what is the weather like in mid-June, is A/C necessary? Also, which is a nicer hotel?

Thanks, Nancy

Thanks to the advice on these boards, we used Priceline and got the Hyatt Regency for our pre cruise stay and the Sheraton Wall Centre for our post cruise stay in September. Both were a fraction of the normal price of a room. Both are in the downtown area right in the heart of things.

Hi Casey2,

Can you tell me what you bid? We've been trying for weeks for a room 9/15 on Priceline and haven't been accepted. thanks.

sasha'smom

Archived