Frioul Islands from cruise port Marseille

sofienummer

Hi everyone! :)

Since I'll be able to have one short day in Marseille, sailing with Norwegian Epic, I was surfing on the web for options to DIY at the port of Marseille. After searching for a while, I'm most excited to visit the Frioul Islands (and visit Hôpital Caroline) and walk around the islands :)

I've read that when you dock at Marseille from your cruise ship you first need to take a shuttle bus to the old port (Vieux Port) and from there you can take a ferry to the islands.

I'm curious to know if some of you have any personal experience with this 'excursion'? Do you think it's manageable/recommendable timewise? Do I have enough time to walk around the islands before having to return to the ferry and the shuttle busses? Any tips/adivce?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Have a wonderful Easter!

The ferries depart from in front of what is called The Mirror a sort of huge reflective canopy. Very easy to find. We went to Ile de Frioul a few weeks ago in March. I think the ferry normally goes first to Chateau d'If and then to Frioul. We didn't stop at If due to a choppy sea.

The boats are quite frequent. Even when we were there in March they were almost hourly.

We went on a lovely sunny day and had lunch in one of the many restaurants, but there are lots of paths if you wish to go walking. The ferry trip only takes about 20 minutes but it is a nice ride through the Vieux Port.

The ferries depart from in front of what is called The Mirror a sort of huge reflective canopy. Very easy to find. We went to Ile de Frioul a few weeks ago in March. I think the ferry normally goes first to Chateau d'If and then to Frioul. We didn't stop at If due to a choppy sea.

The boats are quite frequent. Even when we were there in March they were almost hourly.

We went on a lovely sunny day and had lunch in one of the many restaurants, but there are lots of paths if you wish to go walking. The ferry trip only takes about 20 minutes but it is a nice ride through the Vieux Port.

Thank you so much LondonTowner for your clear information and your personal story! :) Sounds very lovely and it's nice to know the ferry trip is only around 20 minutes. I'm sold :cool: