Ft. Lauderdale - Airboats?

jojun24

Everglades holiday park is my only experience there in May and I would recommend them, but cannot compare them to any other vendors. The boats are covered to protect you from the punishing sun, and provide a little buffer from the sound of the motors. I thought it would be unbearably loud but it was not. You only go at high speeds for part of the way, and the breeze is welcome when you do go fast. The driver will stop when he sees wild life, and it will be very peaceful. The tour guide is knowledgeable and you will perhaps learn a lot. You have the opportunity to ask questions when aboard. There's a coupon at the website. For someone who has never seen an aligator I suppose the presentation on the island and opportunity to hold a baby aligator for a photo would be fun. We were staying in Weston (near Sawgrass Mills), so it was convenient to drive there. It's quite a distance from the Port Everglades pier, however. Celebrity offers it as a shore excursion before or after the sailing. That's probably cheaper than a taxi ride back and forth. If you've rented a car, you can drive it yourself out West 595.

Hi - We also did the Everglades airboat ride when we disembarked in Ft. Lauderdale. Fantastic experience AND what makes it even better is that you're the first ones off the ship, your luggage is waiting for you in a separate area and you are brought right to your terminal at the airport after the excursion. Can't beat that. Do it through the ship.

Archived