First NCL Cruise Questions/Escape

I just booked my first NCL cruise for Saturday on Escape! I don't have much time and I have a lot of questions!!!!!

I booked the excursion perk. I noticed excursions on the website that are different from the ones that are offered on the 'available to book today' page of my reservation. Are some excursions opened up and/or offered on the ship that are not on the website? I have noticed this to be true on RCCL so I was wondering if it was the same on NCL.

I am going solo and in a balcony. I have always read that all solos are welcome to join the mixers and to have dinner with the group after the mixer. Is that the case on Escape?

Where would I book Vibe on Escape? It is $99 for the week, correct? Do you think it is worthwhile or would Spice H20 suffice? Is it hard to find loungers on the open deck?

Will I be able to book entertainment on the ship? Do they hold back some reservation slots? What shows do I need to book?

Any other hints and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

I am going solo and in a balcony. I have always read that all solos are welcome to join the mixers and to have dinner with the group after the mixer. Is that the case on Escape?

Will I be able to book entertainment on the ship? Do they hold back some reservation slots? What shows do I need to book?

The doors to the studio lounge are locked but are propped open during the solo cruiser meetings so you can join in.

The cruise staff member in charge of the solo meetings usually sets up dinners and shows and activities for the week and will get you tickets to shows if you go with the solo group.

The doors to the studio lounge are locked but are propped open during the solo cruiser meetings so you can join in.

The cruise staff member in charge of the solo meetings usually sets up dinners and shows and activities for the week and will get you tickets to shows if you go with the solo group.

Perfect! Thank you!

As for Vibe, it is $99 for the week and I believe you can get it at headliners. Keep in mind that if you want to get the pass you'll have to arrive early as they generally sell out fast.

Opinions vary as to whether it's worth it or not. I haven't had it so I can't comment myself, but it's going to come down to how much use you get out of it and whether you like the other passengers that happen to get it as well (could be a bunch of noisy frat boy types!).

Spice H2O is supposed to be nice, but there is also a public area on deck 19 with a bar, loungers and two hot tubs (port side). It's essentially the Vibe without free fruit and cushions on the deck chairs. Obviously it's more likely to be busy than the Vibe area as they only give out 75 passes total to Vibe, but the pool deck seems to be the most popular so hopefully there should still be loungers.

Hope that helps give you an idea of "worth"!

The first solo meet will happen at Tobacco Road bar at 6:00 on embarkation day... From the second day on, it will be in the solo lounge, which usually props the door open a bit before the meet...

You can book more on board. They do have cancellations and other items open up. I hear vibe is very nice, but you have to get on board very early, H2O is ok. There is always deck chairs available on the upper decks. They also do hold back reservations for restaurants and entertainment. Just book them when you get on the ship.

Tips....

If you like music

Howl at the Moon is awesome,

Live music in the district is also very good, and a nice vibe as well.

If you do get tickets to Vibe, it should be a good place for solo travelers to socialize. Shot o clock time ect.

Go see the Chocolate cowboy at the 5 o'clock bar, fun times.

If your looking to lounge Deck 8 couches are very nice.

I just booked my first NCL cruise for Saturday on Escape! I don't have much time and I have a lot of questions!!!!!

I booked the excursion perk. I noticed excursions on the website that are different from the ones that are offered on the 'available to book today' page of my reservation. Are some excursions opened up and/or offered on the ship that are not on the website? I have noticed this to be true on RCCL so I was wondering if it was the same on NCL.

Where would I book Vibe on Escape? It is $99 for the week, correct? Do you think it is worthwhile or would Spice H20 suffice? Is it hard to find loungers on the open deck?

Doing Vibe as a solo traveller is definitely the way to go! I'm young and it was my first solo cruise, so several people "adopted" me during the week. I had no trouble finding people to have dinner with and it was nice seeing familiar faces everyday and getting to know one another. You will definitely need to arrive early and be in the 1st boarding group to have a chance at a pass.