Ncl Dawn

gretchenemma27

Hello all, so my hubby and I have officially booked our cruise with my step son for next spring break and we will be cruising with my family as well:mom, dad, and 2 sisters(21) and 16). My youngest sister thinks the teen club won't be any fun. I need some help convincing her. Any info/stories of teens enjoying it??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My teen LOVES the NCL club. Fun activities and a great place to meet teens to enjoy ship activities:

Teen hot tub parties

Attend White Hot Party as a group

Dinners with other teens

Sports activities

Teen only space Parents are only allowed on registration days.

DJ party in the club

Games video and other

My worry is cruising once he turns 18 but not yet 21.

Tell her to go to the get together party the first night of the cruise. Honestly my kids don't care for the teen club that much but they always go the first night to find a couple friends to hang out with on the cruise.

This works for my kids.

• 4 weeks later...

What Heidi said about going to the greet on night one! I have 3 girls and they always meet a few kids that first night that they wind up hanging with the rest of the week (some they are still friends from cruises years ago). They don't necessarily participate in all the club activities...Sometimes just make a plan to meet at ping pong tables or pool at a set time and go from there.

I remember before our first cruise they were worried about no phone service, etc., and that it'd be boring. But I think the reason the cruise friend bond is strong is bc it is face-to-face interaction and FUN without those electronic distractions! One of my daughters will be 18 this year and beside herself upset at the thought of being too old for the club. Not much for 18-21 year olds to do.

Hanging out with other teens is the best way to pass the time. The Dawn is an old ship without any of the more contemporary bells and whistles (water parks, rope courses, etc.). Yes, the Dawn just went through a major renovation (we sailed on her shortly after her dry dock), but they put paint and a new facade over an old infrastructure.