Princess Transfers -- Seattle

jamesnnb

I think this year it's $24 or $28 pp each way.

Seattle is rife with options; UberX and Lyft both pick up at the airport. Light Rail to downtown and then an UberX or Lyft to the pier can save you $30 or so each way. There are a plethora of car services.

The one thing I wouldn't do is book with someone with a few cars/vans in livery service. You want an organization with hundreds of cars on the road at any given moment so if something happens you're minutes away from a new ride, not cooling your heals.

Check out the West Coast Departures board for a zillion threads and an FAQ.

Taxi/Uber/Limo.

IMO I would not take Princess transfers. Its cheaper to take Uber and very simple to use.

Depending on how many people a car or uber may break even... but for two people the uber would be about just as much.

According to the uber estimate site a ride from SeaTac to pier 91 is $50 so the princess transfers would break even. If you have four people and use an uber XL for $80 it comes out cheaper.

Depending on how many people a car or uber may break even... but for two people the uber would be about just as much.

According to the uber estimate site a ride from SeaTac to pier 91 is $50 so the princess transfers would break even. If you have four people and use an uber XL for $80 it comes out cheaper.

Not sure where you are seeing that but we paid $32 last year.

From the Uber website $31-$41. UberX is up to 4 people.

Uberxl is $55-$73.

More than 4 then much cheaper then Princess PP.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Not sure where you are seeing that but we paid $32 last year.

From the Uber website $31-$41. UberX is up to 4 people.

Uberxl is $55-$73.

More than 4 then much cheaper then Princess PP.

If you go to Uber's site they have a fare estimate. Prices may have gone up. For four people and luggage you need an XL usually an uber X is a Camry type car and wouldn't fit four+ suitcases.

I've had really good luck with Seattle Express. They pick up at SeaTac hotels and drop at the cruise terminal. They pick up at the cruise terminal and drop at SeaTac. I came in a day early and stayed at a hotel near the airport. They were more affordable than other options. If you're flying in the day of the cruise this wouldn't work for you. Their website is seattleexpress.com. They have other tours and options as well.

Does anyone know what the cost of a Princess Transfer from SeaTac airport to the pier? And/or what transportation options are there?

I've attached a file that talks about most of the ways to get from SeaTac to Pier 91. Hopefully, that will provide you the information you desire.

Tom

Transportation from SeaTac to Pier 91.txt

I had the same question 2 weeks ago, as I will be flying into to SEA-TAC day of around 12pm. I think I've concluded that I am just going to Uber it to the pier. I like the idea of quickly grabbing an Uber vs. Waiting for others for the Princess Transfer.

I like the idea of using the Princess transfer from the pier in Vancouver to Sea-Tac..crossing the border seems quicker and easier especially when facing the long car lines in the summer season.

I like the idea of using the Princess transfer from the pier in Vancouver to Sea-Tac..crossing the border seems quicker and easier especially when facing the long car lines in the summer season.

Now I agree with that. Thats one time when we do use the Princess transfer in either direction. :D

OMG, no, Truck Crossing with a bus can have dreadful lines. I've been in the 17th bus in the queue with buses behind us. The only time a bus sped through CBP was once when we were the only two passengers on the bus who didn't work for Princess shoreside ops in Seattle. That was a remarkable clearance.

The advantage to a private car coming back from Vancouver is that you can pick which crossing has the least delay, and if everyone in the car has Global Entry or a similar trusted.traveler product, you can use the express lanes. I clear in seconds now.