Wine Packages on Diamond Princess???

jonad

I've never seen the wine packages offered on the Aussie-based cruises unfortunately.

The all inclusive drinks package is $59pp per day (the price in the Princess Personalizer is wrong due to a software bug). This covers all drinks apart from a few top shelf brandies and whiskies, bottled water, freshly squeezed OJ with breakfast, coffees. The wine by the glass are OK but not great. You do get 40% off wines by the bottle if you have the package.

We ran into an issue with this!

I messaged the chat people on the website as was told we could buy a wine package, HOWEVER, I decided to check again before we sailed to be sure and was told any Australian cruise did not offer wine packages. I was upset as I kept the transcript and sent it to them upon request.

All they could do is give me two bottles of wine. So, what we ended up doing was buying our wine in Brisbane and carrying it on in our carry on luggage and paid the $15 per bottle corkage. Was a lot cheaper and we knew the wine we were getting. $50-60 bottles of wine are highly overpriced. While we like a nice wine, I just refuse to pay that much.

It was a pain hauling 10 bottles of wine on but in the end we still saved money.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies, though I failed to mentioned we are actually cruising around Japan; Kobe to Kobe...so different rules may apply? I hadn't realised you could take your own on board and pay corkage, though probably not practical taking wine from Aus to Japan :)

Thanks again.

I would just call them and ask. Be persistent as they will initially tell you that you can buy a beverage package. Make it clear that you are wanting a wine package, for instance 10-12 bottles.

I just called them today on an upcoming cruise and they said they didn't offer wine packages so I asked if things have changed. That is when they gave me further details and pricing. Unfortunately, they want you to buy individual bottles and won't share the details on silver and gold wine packages.

Good luck!

Travel buggy, I called them and they insisted they don't offer any wine packages. All we can do is pre order the wines we want from their list...which is the same as ordering them one by one once on board. Just wondering...when you took your 10 bottles on board in Brisbane, you were able to consume them in the dining room?

how long is your cruise? they only offer them on 10+ days. so maybe that is the problem

However, it your cruise is at least 10 days, I would call and ask how much the silver and gold wine packages are. they should be 12 silver bottles ($29 and under) for $240

yes, when you get on the ship you will pay your corkage then. they will stamp your bottle so you can take it to the dining room and not pay again.

One thing we did as we had some wine that wasn't stamped, we got glasses and just filled them before going to the dining room! :)