Pearl AFT Elevators

Dcoy

Looking at the deck plans for the Pearl, it looks like the elevators at the aft of the ship only go down to deck 7. If this is the case, then we would need to use the center or front elevators to get to deck 6 for the main dinning rooms. Am I correct on this?

We're in one of the aft suites on deck 10 and my wife doesn't do well with stairs. So going to deck 7 then walk the last flight is not an option.

Thanks

Don

Thanks for the replies. I did see the one elevator stoping on deck 6 but with a 1 in 4 chance that it would be the one that opened when called for one. We could use it to go back up to deck 10.

We need the exercise so I think we'll walk to the center elevators to go down.

Again, that's all for tour replies

Don

Look closer at the deck plan for Deck 6.

One of the elevators goes down to 6 -- for just the reasons you describe.

I'm not even sure you can get to Summer Palace from deck 6 mid -- through pax areas, anyway.

You're right you can't. The galley is between the two restaurants. I was on the Pearl little more than a month ago with my daughter and her wheelchair. We would take the elevator to 6 and they have a ramp to get you into the dining room. We always went real early, 5:30 so we never had a problem getting an elevator.

Thanks for the replies. I did see the one elevator stoping on deck 6 but with a 1 in 4 chance that it would be the one that opened when called for one. We could use it to go back up to deck 10.

Don

As I said, you can't access the aft MDR from deck 6 mid.

If I remember right, there is a crew member who can summon that elevator specifically and force it down to deck 6 using their key card. You take the elevator to deck 7, then hook up with crew on deck 7. Then they will deal with the elevator to 6 at that point. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

You may wish to check with the Access Desk - accessdesk@ncl.com - if you want to be absolutely sure. I just know that they do have ways on board to get folks down into the aft MDR who need access assistance.

You're right you can't. The galley is between the two restaurants. I was on the Pearl little more than a month ago with my daughter and her wheelchair. We would take the elevator to 6 and they have a ramp to get you into the dining room. We always went real early, 5:30 so we never had a problem getting an elevator.

The ramp is for that final set of stairs leading down into the dining room from deck 6. There is no ramp between 7 and 6.

The ramp is for that final set of stairs leading down into the dining room from deck 6. There is no ramp between 7 and 6.

Perhaps my wording was confusing, if so I apologize. As you get off the elevators on deck 6 you can either go down the stairs and enter the dining room. We headed left to what looks like a dead end till you get close enough to see a ramp leading you into the dining room. Hope I was clear, if not let me know.

Don

Take any of the 4 down to deck 7 , then exit and call for a "down" while on deck 7 and only the correct one will open.